Model Cars Magazine Forum

Toyota Supra

Scottnkat

Here's my daughter's AMT Toyota Supra. This was a yard sale find that she bought for $1. It was missing parts, but she made due (with some help from my parts stash). She also changed the wheels and tires over to these ones - she really liked the wire wheels rather than the spokes that came with the kit. She decided to have the hood made into a large picture of me and her together. She also flocked the interior and used her own personal tastes in the color selections. We hope you enjoy this:

003a_zpsc6b70b44.jpg

004a_zps355c6e05.jpg

005a_zps7da8af92.jpg

006a_zpsc3ad248e.jpg

Here's a close-up of the hood:

007a_zps18de33db.jpg

and here's her engine:

015a_zps09ef1ab0.jpg

Well the subject doesn't fit into my interests, but it sure is nicely built. Nice paint work and cleanly assembled. My favorite part is the tire and wheel choice. Much better than those low profile tires and big wheels. Very nice!

Genevieve says thank you to everyone. She did design this herself. She picked out the pic, measured the hood, figured out where it would go, decided on the lettering, and everything. The wheels had to be drilled out in back to fit on the axles. This whole car was her choice without any concessions to anything. She enjoys model building and has built probably a dozen cars, a couple of Star Trek ships, and four sailing ships (though she hates the rigging part of sailing ships).

James, the color is Krylon X Metals purple over Krylon silver paint.

I think the hood is awesome.

Very nice work, young lady and Dad.

I tried so hard when I taught to get across that building stuff is fun.

Y'know- I think an issue of MCM should be dedicated to youth builders and parent/kid projects. I'd even be willing to contribute part of commentary or a guest editorial as a teacher and someone still involved to a degree in educational activities.

Charlie Larkin