Model Cars Magazine Forum

68 Camaro Outlaw... (updates 09/01/14)...

tyrone

• 2 weeks later...

Tyrone what diecast do you get the hideaway headlight grill from and do use the taillights from diecast also?

Hey Bob... the diecast kits I used are called Maisto die cast... I used them on a stock build I did a while back... I have one more grille left and I can't find the rear tail lights smh.... here's a few pics....

009-4-1.jpg

006-4-1.jpg

What's up fellas... I've been making some progress on this one and the Mustang... I've been working on the body work.. laid on a coat of primer.. I also got the rear end finished and painted... I got the doors mounted, made the inner door skins, and added the door jambs..I've got the chassis painted.. I'll add some carbon fiber decals to the rear wheel tubbs and then clear it all.. I've also started on the engine... thanks for looking and comments welcome....

010-1.jpg

009.jpg

008-1.jpg

005.jpg

004.jpg

003-1.jpg

001-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys... a few updates on this one.. been working on the engine....made a water pump and vaccum pump from styrene... and got the carbon fiber decals applied to the rear wheel tubbs and laid a few coats of clear on the chassis... thanks for looking and comments welcome...

001-2.jpg

015-2.jpg

016-2.jpg

022.jpg

025.jpg

026-1.jpg

Hey fellas.... I've been messing around a little with this one too.. I've made up the headers and painted them, and I've got the chassis all done with clear.. Now I can start getting this one knocked out... I think I'm gonna go with the blacked out wheels on this one too...

007-1.jpg

008-2.jpg

009-1.jpg

010-2.jpg

011-1.jpg

That beast looks awesome wish I could build like that. Great job. I do have a question I am new to modeling, started my first build this past week

how are you guys opening the doors, just using a knife and going down the body line several times, just guessing.

Looks Amazing

Thanks

Bob

How do you do the welds on the headers?

Fred to make the welds I take a toothpick and sharpen it to a nice fine point on the tip with a hobby knife, then dip in chrome or aluminum paint and then just go around the header tubes at different spots on the headers...

Amazing , how do you manage to have so many projects and complete them. I know part of the trick is to have them in various stages , but with the detail

you add , well it would make me stall for fear of not rendering an accurate depiction. I really admire your approach to scratch building parts. Keep up the good work. I'm jealous :-) you really help make this hobby great and enjoyable.

• 2 weeks later...