Model Cars Magazine Forum

2014 Corvette Stingray track test drive

http://cdnapi.kaltura.com/index.php/extwidget/openGraph/wid/0_b94e7mzv

Read below and then click on the link above....read this first, then the link......got it? Good.

A few weeks ago I was invited with my son-in-law to Monticello Raceway ( A private 4.1 mile race track in NY state) to be the one of the first group of private citizens (not manfacturer or press personal) to drive the new 2014 Corvette Stingrays on the track. We went out in three car groups with a professional driver leading us out on the track. Here I am driving an automatice version, earlier, I drove the 7 speed stick car on another portion of the track which I must say is a much better car to drive fast.......no throttle delay with the stick car and just a better more fun car to drive on the track.......but the automatic version is no slow sled either.

On the screen is the view from inside the car, a shot of me driving, the speed, rev's and position on the track....this 4.1 mile track was split into three sections where we drove the cars in different settings.....here the cars were set to "track" mode which is exactly that, set-up more for race style driving.....the car has 5 manually adjustible settings, wet (for just that road condition), Eco, which sofens the suspension and steering, cuts the engine to 4 cyl. on the hyway,Touring, which is the default setting, Sport which is tighter and louder and then Track, which is tight steering, loudest and stiffest suspension setting.....believe me, this car is just amazing....it is far more like a race car than a street car.............on normal roads in average traffic, you could only us about 15% of the cars ablities.

I really want one of these....the ride, the fit and finish and the look is all 100% in my book.

Chevrolet really got this right.

Take a minute or two to watch the video........I was having the time of my life...

P.S., remember I was driving someone elses car, so I couldn't go completely crazy.

Looks like a ton of fun! Would be a tough place to hold back especially with someone elses car!! Beautiful scenery!

I saw one on the street for the first time today...Candy Red with black wheels and trim. Nice looking car.

Edited by Tony T