Model Cars Magazine Forum

Custom 1966 Volvo P1800s "Bringing this back to the bench!"

Kennyboy

Amazing build Ken I think I like this one even better than the last.

Check the amount of body behind your rear wheel wells looks a little long to me, may just be the angle of the pictures or my eyes either way still looks good.

Edited by rv1963

Amazing build Ken I think I like this one even better than the last.

Check the amount of body behind your rear wheel wells looks a little long to me, may just be the angle of the pictures or my eyes either way still looks good.

Hey thanks Robert! :D

The body on this car messes with your eyes when you look at it from different angles......I thought the same thing several times but when I measured it in millimeters, it is right on compared to the 1:1. I am working from the stock version of the 1:1 for length/width measure.

Look at some of the 60's jaguars. They have a similar oval style grill housing. Might work for your Volvo project.

Thanks Amanda. Ended up using a re-casted version of the original front end and grafted it in in a higher position and angle than before.

Edited by Kennyboy

This is turning out awesome! The only thing I see that looks a little off is the size of the taillight pod things on the quarter panels, they seem a little big but I could be looking at it wrong too.

Thank you!

You are right Billy....I have not scaled them down as of yet. Been trying to get the Ferrari ready for Greg.

Absolutely fabulous work, and subject. The P1800 ES was one of the fist cars that really grabbed me upon seeing it in the flesh. I still remember the location and time I first saw one. Beautiful car. This is a very interesting modern interpretation of a true classic. I certainly look forward to this being available as a product for me to build.

Absolutely fabulous work, and subject. The P1800 ES was one of the fist cars that really grabbed me upon seeing it in the flesh. I still remember the location and time I first saw one. Beautiful car. This is a very interesting modern interpretation of a true classic. I certainly look forward to this being available as a product for me to build.

Thank you Jim! You are right, it is a beautiful car and I look forward to making it available. :D

I've always liked the P1800 & when I saw the subject picture, I Googled the car & fell in love with it. Then I saw the wagon. I almost fell out of my chair (I'm a huge long roof lover). Fantastic job on it. The subject is awesome & your depiction, of it, is beyond awesome.

Jeff

• 5 months later...

Well guys, after a long hiatus on this project....I have decided to bring this back to the bench and get it going again.

Made some great progress on the body last night and primed the body today at break. Pics later.