Model Cars Magazine Forum

Latest Issue ? ...

I have zero experience running a magazine. From what I can speculate, it's not easy. It must be difficult to come up with new, relevant topics all the time. This isn't really a complicated hobby, so getting new features and articles must be somewhat of a challenge. Also, relying on contributors to supply material compiles the of assembling and organizing a publication. I don't envy the task. Oh, what about selling ad space? Distribution? Yeah, I'm out. Thanks to those that continue the effort - right on time or not.

I am one who is grateful we have multiple magazines to read. SA was really THE thing that got me thinking more serious about modeling back when I found my first copy (at a Super Value in Campbell River, BC, of all places).

Bashing one or the other, as stated above, really proves nothing or solves anything. You can like them both, or vice versa.

Now, off to the Train Hobby shop where I always buy my copy...

Its amazing that more than one person has said something along the lines of 'I get it when I get it' or 'we are just lucky to have it' about the magazine but a riot will nearly break out if a kit gets delayed or the body proportions are off by .000000001 inch. Is SA better than MCM? Probably not. But SA does arrive on time. Just sayin'.

You are right Doc, one of the things I hate about SA is just that....Tim Boyd this, Tim Boyd that and on and on. I know the guy is knowledgeable about the history of the hobby but I am so tired of seeing the same old stuff from them. Also, have you seen the quality of Tim's builds?

Um, put up or shut up, Tim's work speaks for itself.