Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Charger

cartpix

This is my first post, that isn't a reply. After reading a topic, about detail Hell, I decided to build something less detailed, than the several kits I've stall on, because of detail Hell. I pulled out a Revell 67 Dodge Charger, from my stash, & went to work. I also decided to experiment with light weathering. Here's what I have, so far. Comments & criticisms are welcomed.

DSC_1513.JPG

Red interior

DSC_1516.JPG

Lightly weathered chassis

DSC_1519.JPG

Hemi with plug wires & fuel lines...

DSC_1526.JPG

...that get covered with the air cleaner

DSC_1520.JPG

Kit Cragars with kit front tires & parts box rears

DSC_1521.JPG

Close up. if you look close, to the right of 12 o'clock, you can see the valve stem, I made of stretched sprue

DSC_1523.JPG

Misc parts

Edited by cartpix

Real NICE start Jeff, don't know what the exterior color is going to be, but when I was about 13 our neighbor across the street had 67 Charger with a Hemi and it was white with red interior man that thing was sharp and it would light up the rear tires in a heartbeat, ahhh those were the days!!! :D

Its looking really nice,for a less detailed build its looking pretty detailed to me so far. I will be watching.

I know, right? But I didn't cut up the chassis, to add huge tires, scratch build a roll cage, aftermarket goo gaws, etc. I did stop myself from cutting the back seats, to have them folded down, like a picture, I saw on Google. It did look cool, though. LOL

I have this bad Larry on the bench as well. how is the kit going together for you so far Jeff?

It's a nice kit. Everything fits, no flash, & parting lines weren't too bad. Typical, newer Revell kit.

• 2 weeks later...