Model Cars Magazine Forum

Quick Build: RIP….

FASTBACK340

I have been there brother! I think you should just jump right in to the detailed build of this sweet ride...

Ding-Ding-Ding!!!! We have a winner!

I have a `68 annual getting fitted for the chassis from the Revell Dart. I have a Ross Gibson 340-6Bbl, and I just happen to have a finished interior, a bitchen fabricated grille,window templates, and a cool set of rims & tires laying around…..

I'm so disappointed in the way the build evolved. There were some REAL F-up's I allowed to go unaddressed. There was no way I could display it in good conscience thinking it was OK when it obviously wasn't. -_-

John, that really BITES THE BIG ONE...!!! Sorry to hear it. Calm down for awhile......play some cool tunes......thump out a few angry notes on one of your bass's......have a libation "& such"......and come back to the workbench with a fresh mood and outlook.

I indeed got my mood altered and started gathering…. Just kind of changes everything unfortunately. I also know there's going to be a few Mopar guys ripping me a new one for euthanizing the poor old Fish.

I also know there's going to be a few Mopar guys ripping me a new one for euthanizing the poor old Fish.

You didn't euthanize it, you MURDERED IT! :) Bet it felt good though! Me? I just silently whimper to myself and walk away from the model. And after a suitable mourning period I forgive it, strip it, and start over. New Ball!

Yeah… no new ball from this one. It's going to be mounted on a plaque and nailed to the wall. You have NO IDEA how many times I had my Barracuda up for sale before it was finished. Frustration can be challenging. Challenges can be frustrating. Yeah… I trashed it. Am I proud? No. Did I get a perverse sense of satisfaction from crushing it? Oh definitely.

Never mind the second resin body I posted above. We're going with the full-boogie number done RIGHT using an original annual. Since I'm going to be working on multiple builds like a second job, I'm in the process of overhauling the workbench. I'm…. going…through….EVERYTHING so I can juggle builds without any more psychotic meltdowns. It will take tonight and tomorrow, but if it's cleaned up I have a better work environment. And that means productivity.

This thread is officially de-railed for now. I promise, i'll get it back on track. B)

I can only imagine the noise you made when you flipped out. My work area is in my basement and my last freak out my wife came down to see what all the commotion was about ! She shook her head and walked away as I was picking up the pieces lol

When I rant, my Wife understands it's business as usual. When I blurt out the single-sylabel Grandaddy of them all, then go silent…. she waits for the thump/crash/crunch. Just after the last pinned-on piece of trim was removed, she heard "the sound" of the project getting delayed. She also stays where ever she is until I surface.

In a way I'm kind of glad this happened. I mean, this is MY car…..and I'm going to try and do it much better. I'm just glad the F-up Fairies visited and have moved on, hopefully.

Sorry for loss John, these things can become part of you and since it was a replica of your car it was special and had to be right so now that you have had a trial run you will come back bigger and better and more detailed than ever. Good luck and I hope you feel better now, cause the Mopar gods are probably looking for you so you will need to have a proper funeral for the last one and then move on to show the Mopar gods your commitment to them. lol

Seriously, keep your head up your a very talented builder and every one has a bad day once in awhile good luck on your next try.

Bob

John,

Man, we've all been there! I felt the same way when I scratched my Willys, but luckily I found a way to dig myself out of it. Sometimes you can, and sometimes you can't. It was really hard for me to come to the decision to go for the fix, too. I didn't know if I should just settle, but I'm glad I didn't. Maybe next time, if you run into some issues, you can hit up the forum for suggestions. I have seen some creative fixes on here.

Best of luck on round 2!

-Art

Well, I could have glued a piece of photo-etched grill to the roof to cover the hole and mounted a huge Pro-Mod wing on the back. Then slopped on some sponsorship decals and stuck a blower through the hood. And when I see cars built like that I wonder what happen to them too.

No way am I poking fun at Art (I'm mocking someone else, a non-member whose builds I seriously dis-like) and I know a few tricks too, but I knew when to admit defeat. Granted I should have stripped it and saved the piece, but it's done. And just because I'm posting at 3:00 am doesn't mean I lost any sleep over it.....

I WILL do better! Thanks for the encouragement gang!

Now to get some sleep....

Edited by FASTBACK340

Ouch! Sorry to hear what happened to the Barracuda. But luckily you were able to save the grille, as it took a lot of work. I can't wait to see the Full Detail build of this one.

Now just send the trashed body pieces to me. :lol: :lol: (Just Kidding)

OK… no sense in kicking this around much longer. New thread being started. Look for My Metal Mistress…..

BTW: My Wife jokes about the `Cuda being my Mistress. We actually wore these T shirts at a show one day back when I had Centerlines on it. People loved it, local town newspaper took our picture. Yeah, my Wife is cool…. B)

post-222-0-78347600-1391531993_thumb.jpg

post-222-0-46430500-1391531850_thumb.png

post-222-0-72310400-1391531876_thumb.png