Model Cars Magazine Forum

another kenworth snapkit boxstock build.

I got this kit for christmas, and planned on doing it custom.. plans changed and so far all I have done is make stacks out of aluminum tubing. Paint is hemi orange model master lacquer, I absolutely love this stuff, but can't stand the Model master enamel.... clear is testors wet look. Still working in interior and Im going to BMF this one as my first try. I also have to put the lights on the bumper, the brake lights, paint the signal lights on top of the cab and the mirrors, put a wash in the horns and some decals on the mudflaps and chassis.

Comments and criticism are appreciated, if anything is wrong or looks bad, please let me know. I'm new to big rigs and I plan do another one and detail it (air hoses, grill gaurd, lowered, headache rack, led lights maybe, and detail the engine)

Everything mocked up to make sure the stacks look right.

20131226_210343_zps7e7bd8d9.jpg

Paint (hemi orange) and first coat of clear

20131230_204815_zps77fd5b09.jpg

Decals and a coat of clear

20131231_172445_zpse49383e1.jpg

Final clear and wax with some stuff glued on

20140101_150632_zps0dbfece3.jpg

Beauty shot

20140101_150733_zps6adcd2ac.jpg

Again questions and criticisms are welcome and encouraged!

This is a great build....It's almost exactly like the one I built last year...Same color, even.....Beautiful execution....The decals are expertly applied....Paint is smooth, too....I think it looks awesome orange.....It's amazing how good this thing looks for a snap model....

Edited by kilrathy10

This is a great build....It's almost exactly like the one I built last year...Same color, even.....Beautiful execution....The decals are expertly applied....Paint is smooth, too....I think it looks awesome orange.....It's amazing how good this thing looks for a snap model....

Thank you very much!

It looks nice Anthony.

The only things that bugs me about this kit (and the Peterbilt 359 kit) are the shallowness of the rear wheels, the missing sun visors and the mounting of the rear mudflaps are too far back on the frame...otherwise it's a decent kit.

cavespeedway - This kit is a Revell ex Monogram snap kit and this together with the Peterbilt 359 they also have are 1:25th scale.

Edited by Force

Anthony,

Great looking rig, the decals came out really nice and look great along that smooth orange paint.

I'm with you guys, for the price of these kits, the level of detail and ease of assembly, I can overlook some of those little things as well.

(Force, I'm with you on the mudflaps...been "choking-up" th tail lights/flaps by shortening all my frames as well).

Anthony,

Great looking rig, the decals came out really nice and look great along that smooth orange paint.

I'm with you guys, for the price of these kits, the level of detail and ease of assembly, I can overlook some of those little things as well.

(Force, I'm with you on the mudflaps...been "choking-up" th tail lights/flaps by shortening all my frames as well).

Yeah I defiently think this is a great kit, for the price and simlicity to build, the detail is great and the easiness of customization makes this one of my favorite kits so far.