Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

The building of my mid engine steam punk hot rod

misterNNL

For those unfamiliar with the whole steam punk thing,it is kind of victorian science fiction state of mind where everything is still steam powered instead of gasoline or electrical.Just do an internet search of the word steampunk and a whole new world appears.A lot of creative and interesting ideas!

Thanks for the kind comments.This was a fun build but also full of

problems.The body itself as small as it is consists of 12 separate panels.I was constantly breaking it and having to make repairs.The chassis was the same way.This was really a build of evolution as I kept thinking of new ideas to try or finding more cool parts to add to it.After building this I decided to build a trailer for behind it and then another steam powered hot rod as a companion piece.I may post those here at some point if there's interest in them.This steam punk thing can be addictive!

On my workbench now:

1920 Olds speedster

1937 Studebaker chopped hot rod school bus

On the drawing board:

1/25 th scale plans for replicating a local brick one room school house from circa 1880

In my head:

It's a real traffic jam !!(the headbone nationals)

P.S.How's the progress of your real(1:1 )scale Ford deuce roadster?

The roadster is coming along. At this point the body, chassis and wheels have arrived and have been mocked up. We are still working out a bunch of detail. One thing that we are working on is a one-off intake. I'm designing an log intake that looks like it came out of a '50's speed shop. And on top 2 Weber IDF 40 carbs mounted in-line. If we can make it work it will be very cool.