Model Cars Magazine Forum

MAMA member and building models for 45 years

I began as many kids did building models of all types (space, aircraft, tanks, cars, bikes, trucks, etc.) but once I bought my first real car (a 67 Buick) and then a 69 GT Dart GTS and then my first of seven Mustangs I began to build only cars and then narrowed it down to "only" Mustangs, Cobras, GT40s and Panteras. Even still I have three unbuilt kits for every one I've built and do not seem to have the time to build like I used to but I enjoy going to the Maryland Automotive Modelers Association meetings when I'm not going to a car show. I build all scales from 1/87 to 1/12 but most of my collection is 1/24, 1/25 and 1/43.

Here is my Fotki page of some of my builds. http://public.fotki.com/vamach1/mustang-model-cars/

Rex Turner

aka vamach1 but you can call me Batman too.

Hey Rex, welcome. What's up with MAMA website, they don't seem to update it much. I apologize if you have no connection with that.

The MAMA site has the newsletters and links to members Photo websites. I think most of the effort is made producing the monthly newsletter now in its 25th year thanks to Tim and I noticed Cruz is posting a lot off stuff on the Facebook page. The website may pull in some prospective members but there are many members that have been there from the very beginning and what matters most are the monthly meetings where were have an average of three dozen or more members. The core group has dedicated a lot of time to keeping the hobby alive in an area of the county dominated by military modelers and video game junkies. To have Harold (Brad) and Norm in the club and many talented builders is amazing and we probably take that for granted. I'm sure Cruz will get us more in the digital age but the success of the club has been if it ain't broke don't fix it.