Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Prostar for the Fleet 90% Done

Got this thing done enough to get a some shots of it....I had even more fun building this one than I did the Lonestar..... :D This thing was SO much fun to build.....Everything fit extremely well....Jonathan was right to point out the front mounting points....They were a little tall and needed to be shortened to get the cab to sit level....Other than that, this model is a peach....I can't wait to get started on my next one....I think I'm going to build a Lonestar, this time, though....Got some ideas running through my head, too.....

I guess I should mention the trailer....It was one of those AMT Fruehaufs that I built up box stock and totally hated it.....I guess the 40'er was fine in that era, but it doesn't look right on anything I put it on.....So, I made new sides, extended the chassis, and slapped some ribs on it, and came up with this 53'er....I put side skirts on it and used the running gear and front end from the kit....I have to say that I like it, now, and I just might buy a couple more of these 'cause they're cheap and easy to extend.....

It's funny....I ran out of my favorite paint, just as I started this model.....I thought I had bought the right color when I was painting the trailer....When I ran out just as I finished the trailer....So the trailer and truck don't match.....On the other hand, Schneider National seems to have this problem, as well.... :D If you've seen their trucks, you know what I mean.....

0411024x645_zps9004526b.jpg

0501024x787_zps26e05b3c.jpg

0551024x767_zpsb12799d0.jpg

0571024x642_zpscb459123.jpg

0691024x768_zpsdb5cea1f.jpg

0751024x667_zps02e342c9.jpg

0771024x670_zpsf9b69bcd.jpg

0921024x469_zps6e5eac5c.jpg

Edited by kilrathy10