Model Cars Magazine Forum

Peterbilt 359

This will be my 2nd Peterbilt 359 by Revell. I love this kit. Definitely one of my top kits to put together.

I'm going for a loose custom Peterbilt. Nothing crazy but something you would expect your average truck driver to get done. Help make the ride on the road a little more enjoyable.

Here's what I have so far:

-Sanded off the trim lines on the hood. I'm considering sanded off the light/horn section on top of the cab.-

IMG_06101_zps4f4030da.jpg

-Also sanded away the panel lines.-

IMG_06111_zpsf5ef357c.jpg

-Cut out the grill insert to install a screen with braces behind the screen.-

IMG_06121_zps494f22b5.jpg

IMG_06131_zpsd79575aa.jpg

-Rear suspension is set-up.-

IMG_06141_zps2c8d9c57.jpg

-Grill stripped of chrome using bleach.-

IMG_06151_zps86705ed5.jpg

-Screen mock-up. Still need to add filler and smooth out some scratch lines (obviously lol).-

IMG_06171_zps03c03707.jpg

To Be Continued...

I like where this is heading. And are you gonna reprint the grill chrome or the body color.

Thanks,

-Newbs99

Also, is there any chrome paint that anyone greatly backs up and trusts. I've run into the problem of the white spots being left behind on the chrome parts once they've been taken off of the tree. Any help appreciated.

Edited by Newbs99

Best thing - Don't let the details take over and ruin your fun. I burned my self out of "Pro Stocks & WWII Aircraft" from getting to detail oriented. A few little things here and there which will actually be seen are great. The majority of kits that are finished spend their life on a shelf under the "Two foot Rule" (no one gets closer then that to actually see)

Now dont get me wrong - if you want to go all out on a kit and plumb and wire it and add packets of resin and photo etch that is cool - but those are best to be built over time here and there between other projects. (least for me)

Keep up the good work and looking forward to your color choice ;)

Super Small Update: I felt that the stacks included in the kit lacked the "wow" factor. When I think of Rigs, I think of some serious sound. So, I added my own touch.

The stacks themselves are actually Cheapo Bic white tube/ blue tip pens you can pick up at Walmart for $0.97 and comes with 15.

Still working on it of course but thoughts, opinions, comments, concerns, questions and anything else you want to throw my way, feel free. :D

StackCompare_zps42c916e4.png