Model Cars Magazine Forum

Meng 1/24th Ford F-350

Why of why did Meng decide to mold the kit in black? Oh the humanity. My poor red over white volunteer fire department will never be the same with a safety Black quad cab brush truck. Oh, that's right, I just have to use Tamiya primer or a good sealer between the primer and the base coat. B) Crisis averted. (Sorry guys, I couldn't resist the humor)

I can't wait for this kit to show up in the States so I can order one. I'm going to have to restrict myself, if I start buying more than one of these at a time, I'll never get any of them finished.

Here is the cheapest shipping price available.

Delivered by: Hobbyeasy, From Hong Kong, Using: SURFACE Packets - No Tracking no, Ship to: ***********************, Illinois, United States

Quantity Price Subtotal CS-001S.jpgFord F-350 SUPER DUTY Crew Cab

Maker: MENG

Item No.#: CS-001 1 $ 333.00 (USD 42.97) $ 333.00 (USD 42.97) Package Subtotal: USD 42.97 Weight: 1000.00 g, Shipping Cost: USD 8.66

Here is the cheapest shipping price available.

Delivered by: Hobbyeasy, From Hong Kong, Using: SURFACE Packets - No Tracking no, Ship to: ***********************, Illinois, United States

Quantity Price Subtotal CS-001S.jpgFord F-350 SUPER DUTY Crew Cab

Maker: MENG

Item No.#: CS-001 1 $ 333.00 (USD 42.97) $ 333.00 (USD 42.97) Package Subtotal: USD 42.97 Weight: 1000.00 g, Shipping Cost: USD 8.66

You know that price is for shipping by sea right ?

You know that price is for shipping by sea right ?

I am in no hurry. I am working on other projects at the moment. Hopefully, when the F-350 arrives I will be ready to start on it. Also, I have bought from HobbyEasy a couple of other times with no problems.

I am in no hurry. I am working on other projects at the moment. Hopefully, when the F-350 arrives I will be ready to start on it. Also, I have bought from HobbyEasy a couple of other times with no problems.

With the slow boat from China, its good that you are not in a hurry :lol:

*rimshot* :lol:

$42.97 for the kit? That's very reasonable compared to street price here.

Charlie Larkin

Using the MSRP price that Mega Hobby has listed, that is a $31.98 difference, that is a very big one, even with the more expensive shipping, you are still getting it cheaper .

Roger, shipping for one was about $22 , and shipping for two was $34 , that was the shipping method I chose, as you have three different air shipping methods you can chose from

Thanx for the info Jonathan! Was that the air with tracking option? That's what I was thinking of using. Now to decide on two or three?

Thanx for the info Jonathan! Was that the air with tracking option? That's what I was thinking of using. Now to decide on two or three?

Roger, yes , I think all but of the air methods have tracking, one doesnt, but you couldnt ship the kit with that option anyways

What shipping method did you chose? that is about $10 less then my total

I didn't " choose" any form of shipping? It automatically chose air parcel? I just chose the two kits and hit "checkout".

I didn't " choose" any form of shipping? It automatically chose air parcel? I just chose the two kits and hit "checkout".

I didnt chose my shipping option when I ordered mine, and it was $36, I just did again to see, and the shipping was $26, I am wondering why it went down $10 in a week , I sent them an email

I didnt chose my shipping option when I ordered mine, and it was $36, I just did again to see, and the shipping was $26, I am wondering why it went down $10 in a week , I sent them an email

May have been the current exchange rate that day? Or maybe a different shipping amount to where your located?

May have been the current exchange rate that day? Or maybe a different shipping amount to where your located?

Yeah, but the last time I checked, Phoenix is a little closer to China than San Antonio is!! :lol::lol:

My two kits cost $131.70 shipped. But, they'll be here between the 4th and the 7th. To me, it was worth the extra money to not have to wait two weeks or longer to get them. I'll be on one of them as soon as it hits the door!

They probably only had an estimate of the shipping weight when you ordered yours, then once they actually had them in stock they adjusted the correct weight.

I have to do that as part of my job, guess weights for new items. If I'm off shipping dept will let me know to change it.

They probably only had an estimate of the shipping weight when you ordered yours, then once they actually had them in stock they adjusted the correct weight.

I have to do that as part of my job, guess weights for new items. If I'm off shipping dept will let me know to change it.

I thought about after I posted, and I am trying to remember where I read it at, but I believe Hong Kong Post rates are not fixed , its not that big of deal, I did email them to see if what might be the reason why, just out of curiosity really

Yeah, there's something up with the shipping rates I think. When I went to place my order, the total was $126 and change by air. I found some that were already state side for $5 more and went with them.

Yeah, there's something up with the shipping rates I think. When I went to place my order, the total was $126 and change by air. I found some that were already state side for $5 more and went with them.

Who has them stateside?

Edited by martinfan5

Who has them stateside?

Hobbymaster on ebay. $59.50 plus $8.60 shipping. Roughly the same as paying $42.97 plus $25.41 for air registered shipping.

Hobbymaster on ebay. $59.50 plus $8.60 shipping. Roughly the same as paying $42.97 plus $25.41 for air registered shipping.

Yeah, I seen that earlier today. Is coming through Hobbyeasy quicker, though? In the description, Hobbymaster says it is preorders and delivery is not expected until late April or early May.