Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Ford Torino Sportsman

aw106

This was one of my first builds to not be built box stock. The chassis is a modified Monogram Thunderbird NASCAR while the body was from an AMT kit (which I didn’t like the chassis from)

There are some small problems with this car in my opinion but I don’t think it went too badly. In future I will also have a better background for photos.

There are also build photos in the album: https://imageshack.com/a/ORrq/1

Enjoy

dscn5629.jpg

dscn5630g.jpg

dscn5632y.jpg

dscn5633.jpg

dscn5631g.jpg

dscn5635h.jpg

Edited by aw106

Great job! I,too,have built this kit and found the chassis to be very crude and simple.Love what you have done with this one.Have any more like this?

I watched these types of stock cars race for many years at our local race track.Lots of memories.

Great job! I,too,have built this kit and found the chassis to be very crude and simple.Love what you have done with this one.Have any more like this?

I watched these types of stock cars race for many years at our local race track.Lots of memories.

At the moment this is the only one of it's type I have, but there is a Nova in the works to keep it company. For me it's a little bit of an add one because I've only ever been to one oval race in the USA but that was Pocono a few years back. I did race short oval in the UK though and in a couple of weeks (maybe sooner) I'll have a build of the car on my avatar.