Model Cars Magazine Forum

Acura NSX (Snap tite) 2/23 Freshly polished! ALMOST DONE.

Kennyboy

Found this Acura NSX Revell Snaptite built at a swapmeet. Bought it for $10. It was red with the factory wheels/tires and very little detail.....but it was clean so I had to have it!

I immediately dis-assembled it and began the details starting with the engine that was originally painted all silver. Ended up painting it like the Type R NSX which I felt fit the build direction better.

IMG_0405_zpsc94c73e3.jpg

Next, I went after the lifeless chassis to add the needed look of alloy that was not quite there.... as well as adding brakes (which the Snap tite did not have) I used the rotors/calipers from the Revell Enzo and painted them like Project Mu stoppers. Almost forgot the TE37's I added from a recent trade! :rolleyes: :P

IMG_0422_zpsef896b65.jpg

IMG_0412_zps941bb4e0.jpg

IMG_0411_zps64cce041.jpg

Next task was to change the lifeless engine cover to that of the Type R NSX...... I used the original cover for only a sizing tool, then I made the new cover from sheet acetate and installed stainless steel screen material into it.

IMG_0420_zps90fba1bf.jpg

IMG_0419_zpsd1793048.jpg

Edited by Kennyboy

I made some new lenses for the backup lights in the rear taillight section.....this was a pain to fit into it without having any gaps.

IMG_0416_zpsf5963a0e.jpg

Current state of the model is in etching primer.......but I am thinking of doing it Imola Orange with a black top.

IMG_0418_zps98ada7fc.jpg

IMG_0413_zpsb6db87db.jpg

Edited by Kennyboy

Great looking engine, and detail. Very tough looking and does not look like a snap. Awesome work so far ken...

Thanks Carl! More to come. ;)

I was just looking through pictures of one of the Tamiya versions I built, and this looks like a dead ringer for it. Hmmm.

Could be a coincidence.....? I did do a LOT of cleanup to the body and the wheels/adding brakes totally changed the look. Here is the kit \/

1000x1000.jpg