Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hasegawa Nissan 240z

Ajay

Had this kit lying around for while as I couldn't decide what to do with it. While I was browsing the web I came across this 1:1 :

240z1.jpg

which gave me the impetus a to make a start on it.

So far I've added the front spoiler using the one from the Aoshima Jun Prelude kit as a start ing point (still needs a bt of work) & swapped the stock wheels for Aoshima BBS ones - they're only placed under the arches for pic purposes so the rear looks a bit off the vertical.

240z.jpg

Haven't really thought too much about colour but initially I thought blue with silver racing stripes -

I'll post more progress when I'm able to make any- either too wet or too cold for spraying over here @ the moment.

Thanks for looking

Andy

Looks pretty darn good from what you have so far. I was looking at the Hasegawa kit; perhaps buying it. What are your impressions of the kit?

Hi Brendan

The only other Hasegawa kit I've built was their Celica - I was impressed with that one so I think this will be much the same.

Cheers

Andy

Do any of these Z-car kits have a left hand drive dash and us spec mirrors? Is there a 280Z kit out there? I'd love to build a model of the 75½ 280Z I owned back in the day... gold paint, black interior, and fuel injected - lotta fun to drive :blink:

Hi Brian

I have a Revell BRE 240Z kit and that one's LHD (the interior has a racing seat & roll bar) - I'm not sure if the stock version comes with the same interior or a more stock one. The BRE kit doesn't include wing/door mirrors though.

Hope above helps a little.

Cheers

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

As the weathers got a bit warmer & drier (plus I have a couple of extra days days off work) I've managed to make a bit of progress - body's been sprayed with Zero Paints Lamborghini Candy Blue basecoat (it's not actually a candy colour - more pearl).

I've decided to cop out on the stripes and just keep it a single colour as the front & rear have complicated shapes to mask & I don't want paint creep.

Actually managed to get the clearcoat on as well but too late in the day to take any pictures.

240z10.jpg

240z11.jpg

Wheels are just placed in wheelwells for the time being -sorry for the poor quality pics.

Cheers

Andy

Thanks for the interest guys.

Spent some time yesterday polishing out the Zero Clear with various grades of micromesh & then Tamiya fine/finish polishing compound.

240z12.jpg

240z13.jpg

Steve - the wheel centres are sprayed with Zero silver basecoat (although doesn't show too well in the earlier pics) - I'm undecided whether they'd look better with gold centres.

Cheers

Andy

Thanks for the interest guys.

Spent some time yesterday polishing out the Zero Clear with various grades of micromesh & then Tamiya fine/finish polishing compound.

240z12.jpg

240z13.jpg

Steve - the wheel centres are sprayed with Zero silver basecoat (although doesn't show too well in the earlier pics) - I'm undecided whether they'd look better with gold centres.

Cheers

Andy

Andy, Beautiful paint and polish! That color really highlights the lines of the body.

Yeah, I couldn't tell there was paint on the spokes. Personally, I think gold or graphite would really enhance the look of the wheels.

• 4 months later...

Kind of got sidetracked on this one by other builds but I've dragged it out of the box again - the interiors been completed together with most of the external bits & pieces - just need to find some suitable door mirrors.

After a quick mock up the ride height is too high using the kit suspension so I think I'll have to ditch it & go the metal axle route to get it as low as in the pics.

240z14.jpg

240z15.jpg

I'll finish it eventually !.

Thanks for looking

Andy

Kind of got sidetracked on this one by other builds but I've dragged it out of the box again - the interiors been completed together with most of the external bits & pieces - just need to find some suitable door mirrors.

After a quick mock up the ride height is too high using the kit suspension so I think I'll have to ditch it & go the metal axle route to get it as low as in the pics.

240z14.jpg

240z15.jpg

I'll finish it eventually !.

Thanks for looking

Andy

i love it, looks great