Model Cars Magazine Forum

KW Race Car Hauler

Just look what you guys have gone and made me do.....Everywhere I look I see these things all over the forum....All I can think of is that I want one, too....

Well, since I don't have a Papa Truck bed, I had to make my own....Just your basic ramp truck, not meant to represent any particular manufacturer or anything.....Just what I can see from other's posts....Lots of eyeballin'.....Ain't no plans....AND, I get to do one of my favorite things to a truck.....STREEEEETCH !!!! I worked the better part of the day to get this far....The sun was out and the humidity was down....Excellent weather for painting....About 70 degrees.....

0041024x491_zpsf027be9a.jpg

0111024x505_zps976bffe3.jpg

0141024x767_zps462ca433.jpg

0201024x466_zps777acb92.jpg

0241024x782_zps8f2d9110.jpg

Edited by kilrathy10

Lol.....I do miss the orange, and as this project isn't finished, yet....I'm SERIOUSLY contemplating locating some more orange.....I really like that color.....Every time I look at this, I think.....I gotta slap some orange on it.....That's the only reason this thing isn't finished, yet..... :D

Thanks for chiming in with your comment, Sam.....This has, since, been completed, but I'm sorry....I don't use templates or plans of any sort....I kinda "wing" just about everything I do.....It's just like sketching, to me....I look at something and then I lay it down....Just in plastic, instead of paper......But thank you for your interest....

Just some basic measurements that can be taken from the finished model would be nice.(bed and ramps) That would give me an idea for when I build my own. I have one of the "Racers Edge" kits, but that is more for a dually pu, and while I was going to modify it for a big rig, maybe it would be easier just to scratch one. Hope I am not causing any trouble, and do appreciate all the input. I have a Bison started and just cannot figure which way to go with it. Car Hauler, log truck, dump truck...

Hey, a Bison would look good as a car hauler....Another guy built on like that, and it turned out cool....Just give me a couple of days to get around to it and I'll PM you....I have my daughter, this weekend and need to entertain her for a bit....She's playing WII, now, so I get a little break....I'll get to it, soon as I can, though....