Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Update your profile with your age?

If it doesn't go against your better judgement of protecting your ID, it'd be great if folks would update their profile to reflect their age. I'm really curious what age range are on here and into the hobby. I've seen posts from a 15 year old and a 79 year old and everything in between. I promise not to laugh at your age!

I was born under a 48 star flag.

I remember having party line phones, milk delivery, coal delivery and not having a color tv.

My school did not have AC, neither did the school bus. We had honest to goodness windows, that opened.

Our idea of a play station was the fort we built in the vacant lot down the block. I stayed outside until mom hollered for me to have dinner. Then I went back outside until the streetlights came on.

Growing up in that era men were iron, ships were wood and Jesus was an instructor in the Police Academy.

G

Edited by Agent G

I was born under a 48 star flag.

I remember having party line phones, milk delivery, coal delivery and not having a color tv.

My school did not have AC, neither did the school bus. We had honest to goodness windows, that opened.

Our idea of a play station was the fort we built in the vacant lot down the block. I stayed outside until mom hollered for me to have dinner. Then I went back outside until the streetlights came on.

Ditto. Except we didn't even have school buses. Where I lived, all kids walked to school. Walked home for lunch, walked back to school after lunch, and walked home when the school day was over. There was no bus for anyone.

Ditto. Except we didn't even have school buses. Where I lived, all kids walked to school. Walked home for lunch, walked back to school after lunch, and walked home when the school day was over. There was no bus for anyone.

Dittos!

If you misbehaved at school, the principal could give you a whack in the backside.

And if a grade school bully pushed you around . . . you pushed back. You didn't call a lawyer.

(Unless you were a lawyer. :lol: )

Edited by Danno

We were uppity white trash that moved to the county when I was just starting high school. The school was a good 30 miles away. Until then, I walked.

G

Mike, I am thinking Dave Ambrose (SP?) may be the go to guy for this suggestion. There should be a way to use profile birthdates to generate an age under our avatar, name, etc. It really wouldn't be a bad idea. And it would certainly make people think twice about some posts. There is a bad apple in every bunch but, most people would make better word choices in their replies if they saw they were posting to a 15 year old.

By the way, since you are sort of asking us anyway, I will contribute. I will be 38 next week.

Edited by Skydime