Model Cars Magazine Forum

G'Day from Australia

Hi guys,

I was planning on introducing myself in my first "On The Workbench" post but it's taking a little longer than expected to get underway so I'll say a quick hello now.

It's been about 20 years since my last kit and I have to say... Wow! The hobby has come such a long way since then. The use of photoetch parts was a rare occurrence (almost as rare as using bare metal foil) and god forbid anyone who tried painting in anything other than enamels.

I've been looking through the workbench and under glass posts from everyone and I'm in complete awe of the talent pooled together in this forum. It's very inspiring!

The first kit I'm planning on for a workbench post will be an Audi R8 converted to the GT version. I'm still undecided whether to use the coupe or spyder version as both are staring me in the face right now. I may follow in Tompidom's footsteps and do both as they're both great looking.

Future kits (calling to me from the cupboard) planned include..

- Back to the Future Delorean (lots of scratch work)

- Aoshima Lamborghini Aventador

- Several 55 Chevs (There's just so many ways to build these things :P)

- 2013 Chevrolet Camaro 1LE

- Tumbler Batmobile (again a lot of scratch work involved)

Anyway, that's enough from me for a while. Hopefully my next post will be soon with a few primed Audi pics

Cheers