Model Cars Magazine Forum

427 cobra with a few mods

superbike-shaun

okay this sumpin' i started and was gonna just post it done........ but im gonna do a wip instead. comments welcome.shaun.s.thank you for looking!P1000817_zps37e16dad.jpg P1000829_zps3f5c8062.jpg P1000830_zpsb120cb73.jpg the first pic is of the body in primer and krylon silver argent, pic # 2 is the frame in testors titanium metalizer/W the weds highlighted in testors chrome .pic#3 is some "real "shocks for this race car!.

okay guys n gals ive got the body painted , P1000847_zps3f74dbc9.jpg and the motor also P1000846_zpsdcd98ea3.jpg but i dont like how the motor came out, so its gonna get stripped, and ill get the doors , trunk ,& hood painted,this week. thanks for looking, if any body has asuggestion as far as engine color. please fire away, also there is a square box on the lower pass side frmrail (bhind the front wheel, ?dont know what it is? any suggestions, please. thank you so much! ;) shaun.s.

Another fan of cobras, but wasn't aware that amt had a 1/25 scale 427 cobra kit available or I am missung something. Larry

Dusie,my bad, its a monogram kit(duh) 1/25th forgive me for having styrene brain.!thank you for lookin in! any comments or questions please feel free! i have thick skin(lol). ;)shaun.s

okay guys n gals ive got the body painted , P1000847_zps3f74dbc9.jpg and the motor also P1000846_zpsdcd98ea3.jpg but i dont like how the motor came out, so its gonna get stripped, and ill get the doors , trunk ,& hood painted,this week. thanks for looking, if any body has asuggestion as far as engine color. please fire away, also there is a square box on the lower pass side frmrail (bhind the front wheel, ?dont know what it is? any suggestions, please. thank you so much! ;) shaun.s.

427 and 428 engines were mostly black blocks and (iron) heads. The freeze plugs you did gold were block color (they were screw in type on 427's). Some were Ford blue. Aluminum heads (very popular today but rare in '66) are dull aluminum color. The oil pans were silver cad plate (Aviad) or block color.

The rectangular box located on driver side between the chassis rails is the brake master cylinder box. There are two cylinders directly connected below the brake pedal in the car. It should be black sheet metal as was the chassis.

427 and 428 engines were mostly black blocks and (iron) heads. The freeze plugs you did gold were block color (they were screw in type on 427's). Some were Ford blue. Aluminum heads (very popular today but rare in '66) are dull aluminum color. The oil pans were silver cad plate (Aviad) or block color.

The rectangular box located on driver side between the chassis rails is the brake master cylinder box. There are two cylinders directly connected below the brake pedal in the car. It should be black sheet metal as was the chassis.

Cato thanks for your input and advice! ill pay attn to your comments and build accordingly.thanks again.shaun.s