Model Cars Magazine Forum

wiring diagrams for a Pro Stock car

Brake lines start from the Master Cylinder, go thru a proportioning valve, then go to front and rear wheels. The main line goes through a tee fitting at both front and rear. At the front wheels, there is a flexible line at each wheel, and at the rear the hard line goes to a flexible line to the tee. the rear wheels are hard lines to each wheel.

brake_system_zps170bd955.gif

Nice work, Jedimark! Looks like someone has a Glidded or maybe an Iaconia P/S they're going for killer detail on. Hope it's 1/16th scale. My 2nd (1st real "crazy" detail) model was the Iaconia and I had no real idea how to plumb or wire it. I just did a simple dual battery wiring with the starter, tach and MSD box and of course the ignition. It may have fooled someone at a hobby store model show, but no one with real experience. The fuel lines were .025 braided line and I just guessed based on internet searches. Man, they were a pain to work with. I used RB Motion fittings and painted them myself with Tamiya clear red/blue paint.

I've since learned to use toothpicks for CA and one of those little bulb suction syringes for the accelerator liquid exclusively :rolleyes:

One important thing for the brake system in these kind of cars is the line lock.

They pump up the brake pressure to a cetain value on a brake pressure gauge and push in the line lock button, usually on the steering wheel, this thing is an electric controlled valve mounted somewhere on the front brake line cirquit wich locks the line to the front brakes and keeps the pressure there even if the brake pedal is released to hold the car on the start line, and on green light you let go of the line lock button and the front brakes releases.

The line lock can also be used for the burnout to brake with only the front brakes to get the rear wheels to come up to speed easier and then let go.