Model Cars Magazine Forum

AC/DC might be done

There's a lot of talk of Malcolm Young suffering a recent stroke which has given him a blood clot in or near the brain. I've read quite a few stories about it in the last two days. Mostly the news doesn't sound good. The talk is the band might call it quits.

Good luck and get well Malcolm.

At the Cell (US Cellular Field, to be precise)... they play "Thunderstruck" on the PA system while the starting lineup is announced.

Edit: White Sox Park, for those of you from somewhere else... :D

I'm from somewhere else. Thank you for the translation. ^_^

What's a white sox?

That anything like a "Cub"?

I don't recognize those terms, I am a Cardinals fan................................

:lol:

Sheesh... a White Sox is nothing like a Cub! ^_^

For starters, the White Sox have actually won a World Series within the past 100 years! :D

That's sad about Malcom Young, and I hope he recovers well, but to me AC/DC was over when Bon Scott passed away. Brian Johnson has strains his voice trying to hit a high note every time he sings, and you can hear it in every song, and it ruins the song.

I didn't think there were any AC/DC fans who actually cared about the quality of the singing! :lol:^_^

That's what made them all the more awesome. I hope Malcolm get's better and nothing else major happens. AC/DC is one of my favs too, if this does mark the end then fire the cannons, I salute them and everything they accomplished throughout they're amazing carrier.

Edited by TFchronos

I too saw a show from the the Black Ice tour and enjoyed it. For a guy reaching retirement age Angus put on some show, along with Brian Johnson. Too bad about Malcom. Aside from being an original member and brother to Angus, they could definitely go on with a substitute. It's not like Pantera can tour again, or Zeppilin. For crying out loud, KISS is nothing more than a cover band now with half the members replaced!

Wishing Malcolm a full & speedy recovery.

I didn't hear about this, its a shame. we all have to get old. great band, great sound together. one of the few rhythm guitarist that was happy in the shadows of his brother.

I have seen AC/DC well over 15 times, but only once with Brian Johnson. I have seen them open, yes, I said open up for UFO, Meatloaf (figure that one out), Thin Lizzy, Blue Oyster Cult and Cheap trick. their first headlining tour that I can remember, Pat Travers was the opening act.

hope he gets on his feet, back on stage and kicks some butt!! they still pack 'um in!!!