Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rolls Rod Phantom II

Obivion

I am still not sure about the rear light units. I like them made of coffeesticks, but also the are too big.

Maybe this is better... I make lenses out of some clear sprue. Maybe flat, maybe bullit shaped....

Dennis

post-13380-0-10732000-1400527653_thumb.j

if you ask me it would look sop much better with the taillights higer up , like a tad under the upper bodyline and on the far corners ..

if you would dril holes in the corners and then put the drill in straight (like the tails would face back) you would have a hole where you can put in a small piece of tubing and mold that into the bodywork and on the tube that just sticks out you can put a nice bullet shaped lense , those are easy to make from red sprue in a drill with some sandpaper

if you want a explanation in dutch just pm me :)

This is way cool!

If you really want to keep with the Rolls theme, but don't want to use the stock engine, maybe steal a Rolls Merlin from a P-51 or a Spit.

They do make them in 24th scale.. ^_^ Just sayin......

Keep up the good work!

Cheers, Ian

• 2 weeks later...

Found a little (too little) time to do some work again. I made the bulkhead, the original one doesn't fit in my ideas.

Also made the front axle. I made it from the original RollsRoyce axle. The two original leaf springs were cut and glued together. I placed it on the axle to mount it on the front of the chassis using just one single leaf spring as you see often on hot rods. Well you Americans grow up with these kind of cars... What do you think...?

Dennis

post-13380-0-27195700-1402000164_thumb.j

post-13380-0-67381500-1402000165_thumb.j

The work on the body stopped for a while. First I have to finish the chassis before I can make the final changes to the body.

Here you see the front and rear axles. The front axle is finished, the rear one needs more work. In the mean time I painted parts of the interior in the base color (Revell 34). I want to weather the interior to make it look old and dirty. I never did something like that so I hope I get the result I am looking for. I made some holes in the seat, later the filling will pop out :)

Today I received my Rolls Royce Allison engine (AMT). Thanks to jbwelda who offert me this kit for a reasonable price :) Attached photo is an example to how I hope it will look like after I built it.

Dennis

post-13380-0-94489500-1402518378_thumb.j

post-13380-0-02442900-1402518380_thumb.j

post-13380-0-65899300-1402518380_thumb.j

post-13380-0-26467800-1402518381_thumb.j

I like to share this sneak peek with you.

I wanted to show it yesterday, but unfortunately the rear axle was too far to the front and the rear wheels ended up half way the doors. So i placed the axle more to the rear and I must say that it looks good...

Dennis

post-13380-0-62202700-1402672328_thumb.j