Model Cars Magazine Forum

I saw part of it while flipping through the channels Monday night. Just when I thought car shows on TV couldn't get any worse, this show proved me wrong. I thought this was the worst one ever.

I guess we need to jump on the redneck Duck Dynasty bandwagon.

Edited by Psychographic

I agree with Dale on the cultural thing. I believe all to many of these auto based shows are blown way out of proportion. Its hard to believe any of these people are real. Sometimes interesting in what they are building, just to much made up drama and dialog.

I agree with Dale on the cultural thing. I believe all to many of these auto based shows are blown way out of proportion. Its hard to believe any of these people are real. Sometimes interesting in what they are building, just to much made up drama and dialog.

274935.jpg?1381152091

I refuse to watch anything that promotes the further decline of southern culture.

Very good point. I stopped watching Counting Cars because those guys are strange and I will not be a fan of Rebel Road. I watched just because it was new. Thing is all these car shows are almost the same and so are the people fake or not...

WOW! I put this thread up cause I know, or I thought, there were a lot of rat rod people on here! I don't think more than 2 people have said a nice thing about it yet....LOL...Oh well, I don't like them either... just thought it was funny...Joe

Joe, As I said , some of what they are building is interesting. While I'm not into the rat rod thing myself that doesn't mean that I can't appreciate their efforts. It does take a fertile mind to put some of these cars together. Again its the "side show " that I can't stand.

I met the guys who work for Ricky Bobby in Tenn. at Detroit Autorama this year.The two cars they had showing ,one of which is the Winner on "Rebel Roads" are very high quality cars.Three weeks from creek bed to finish,not a chance.Their cars are not even in the same state as Rat Rods.I hope Discovery paid them well to fake it on camera.Just another "Canned Excitement" show.

I met the guys who work for Ricky Bobby in Tenn. at Detroit Autorama this year.The two cars they had showing ,one of which is the Winner on "Rebel Roads" are very high quality cars.Three weeks from creek bed to finish,not a chance.Their cars are not even in the same state as Rat Rods.I hope Discovery paid them well to fake it on camera.Just another "Canned Excitement" show.

"Ricky Bobby" ? Really ? :lol: Years ago my wife's 2nd grade class named their class mascot "Ricky Bobby" she couldn't understand why.

Edited by Greg Myers