Model Cars Magazine Forum

'50 Olds v2

squirrel886

Blair, for the rear suspension, I cut the springs down and removed half of the rear crossmember. I then added a styrene brace on top of the crossmember for reinforcement. For the front, I seperated the control arms which allowed me to mount them 1mm higher. I will then cut the tab/spindle and relocate the hole higher, thus lowering the front end.

And here's the "lowered" front "spindles. I cut off the kit mounting points, used strip styrene to lower its location, added a length of square behind the strip for reinforcing and locating it along the center of the upper control arm, and added "c" channel to the front for strength also.

post-11991-0-17378800-1398960335_thumb.j

Blair, that's the kit wheel back and the black wall tires that came out in the first release. I'll be running the whitewalls when it's finished.

Carl, thanks!

The body is now in primer. Looking at the hood, I'm thinking about sanding off the peak like on my first build. Especially since there is no exterior trim.