Model Cars Magazine Forum

VW Type 1 Motors

No problem Larry. I'd rather see you get a nice product out than something rushed and not representing what you can do. I just gave this thread a shake to remind you there's interest, not possible interest. Those cars were a big part of my youth. I got a million cars I want to build…..

I can wait for all the nice stuff we never had….. ;)

JP, I am assuming you have never cast resin before, or if so not using production equipment. My compressor, pressure chamber and work bench will not fit inside my house. And I am pretty sure the wife would have an issue if I took over one of the extra bedrooms to do this inside the house...LOL!

John, I appreciate the support and I have a huge waiting list that seems to grow by 2 or 3 a week. Once it warms up I will have at least a good weekend on the bench pouring nothing but these engines. I am excited to see what you guys do with them. I think these along with the transaxle kits, and rims I have will be the perfect marriage to Norms VW Baja Bug he has out.

Thanks

Larry

Edited by Finks Garage

i'm sure it'll be worth the wait. the website parts look superb.

not to make your work list longer, but hopefully put a bug (tee, hee) in someone's ear .... is there an available decal sheet with VW related speed parts manufacturers? stuff like Empi, Okrasa, ad infinitum .....

if someone was handy with this type of thing, i'll bet there's a market. ahem...

ps: you do have me down for (3), right?

I am going to be wanting to get in on these engines as well. I was consdiering doing whjat you did, b ut since you have done the work I would rather just buy from you. I have a lot of VW projects and have been waiting on a really nice engine from someone. Yours looks great! I will also be going and adding you on FB. I am definietly in!!!

Kevin

PM sent!! I am a HUGE VW guy. I own a 1966 Fiberglass dune buggy that I built myself and had an off road rail for years!! Have built many 1/25 VW. Wanting to do a high detailed build but could not get myself to part out a Enthusiast Fujimi Porsche kit.

1-5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

UPDATE

I have these available through eBay at the current time. As there are many who had PM'ed me about them and it is hard to tell who is serious and who is not and if the total they tell me they want is real. Do a search for Finksgarage as the user name or in the model car category under "resin VW" should pop up some of my stuff.

Currently this is the ONLY way to get the VW Engine kit & the Transmission kits - NO sales of these items on the web site at this time.

It is all the same price as on the site and is "buy it now". I will combine shipping to save you money - just as I would on the web site. As these items sell out I will replace them with more as I get them poured. Figured this is the easiest way to keep track and for you guys who wanted them to purchase what you want.

I have all my items that are currently available listed on eBay - so order the parts you need for the projects you are working on - save on shipping and know these parts are cast and in hand ready to go out the door - no delay on getting items!

Thanks

Larry

Edited by Finks Garage

no; and no intention of getting one. i should say no more about this; quite annoyed but will continue to tell myself "it's only a hobby".

Joe, get a buddy who does have PayPal to order them for ya, then pay yer buddy... just a suggestion.

thanks, but i'm not an "end-run" guy. i like to go in the front door. this forum was used to advertise a product which is now being pushed off to a third party because the seller can't keep track of his customers.

quote from the Fink announcement: "As there are many who had PM'ed me about them and it is hard to tell who is serious and who is not and if the total they tell me they want is real."

well, i'm as real as it gets, and have supported this endeavor at every bump. to now offer them only through a third party 'really' pushes my unfair button.

as far as i'm concerned, the engines can be stuck "back to Wolfsburg" one cylinder at a time.

Joe, while I appreciate the support I do not appreciate the accusations that I am doing something to exclude you because you are not up to using the technology that is offered to make online buying easy for both seller and buyer!

I am not sure how you thought you would pay for the items I am selling (or how you order items online from other vendors who offer products for sale) with out having an online account to do so. I have stated on my web site that Pay Pal is how I take money for the items I offer for sale. I offered the items through eBay (which costs me more to do so than just on my web site) so I could assure guys who have been waiting on the items that they are poured and ready to ship out. The first batch of orders went out this morning.

It's 2015, I use the technology and tools at hand to help me do this. This is a hobby for me as well....not a business. I got out of the aftermarket business back in 2003 when I sold Resinworks. I have a full time career that takes a lot of my time and attention and enjoy resin casting to help bring new items to the hobby and at the end of the day I want to make sure those who want to purchase an item from me, can rest assured that it is poured and will be shipped with little delay. Not taking their money and holding it until I feel like casting it and sending - sometimes months later, like some of the aftermarket guys have done so many times to so many people.

Larry