Model Cars Magazine Forum

Another Oldtimer coming back

Hi from Ontario. I built models as a kid.(Whatever my mom bought). Then I started again as a young adult. (Mostly trucks).Sold most of them about 30 years ago. Started again later.(Mostly vintage cars). Went to the full size cars for a while. Still have two. Now looking to replace my ex-cars with models. Too old & sore for the full size stuff. I might start a thread about my projects.

I have a '67 Mustang convertible and a '34 Chevrolet 5 window coupe. I'd like models of both. The only model of a '67 Mustang convertible I have found is diecast and is available from time to time on eBay. I suppose I could paint one to look like mine. So far, I haven't found a '34 Chevrolet 5 window coupe. I have a couple of '35 Danbury mint convertibles and an AMT '34 Ford 5-window that someone suggested I get for the roof. I also saw a '34 3-window resin body on the internet. Those two would be my first projects. I also had a '64 Studebaler GT hawk. I understand someone named John Heyer or John Meyer made some resin bodies of that to fit on the '53 Stude coupe chassis. I wonder how hard to get that resin body would be. I have a 53 Starliner coupe I could modify.