Model Cars Magazine Forum

'62 Bubble Top Belair

StevenGuthmiller

This one to me brings back memories of my high school parking lot with no less than three '61/'62 Bubble Tops and a few more Non-Bubble Top Impalas, most had small blocks. The one that did have a "W" block was only a 348, it was plenty fast though. Always wondered why someone ordered that car like that when they could have had the 409. Maybe they checked the wrong box!

You've captured perfectly the '60's / '70's period when these were not quite as rare as today's prices make them seem. Your color is a perfect choice, nice break from the normal red on white. Nice detail. The lowered door window is a cool touch. I remember seeing most 61/62 Impalas running those J.C. Penney Scat Track tires than TA's, but that's no detraction. I like it a lot, Thanks for sharing it with the rest of us.

I agree Skip. I remember when I was a kid, most of the guys I knew were running some "cheapo" tires on their cars. By the time you spent the money on the Cragars, You didn't have money left for expensive tires. Besides, you were going to just burn those up right away anyway, right? :) Steve