Model Cars Magazine Forum

Transformation of a Monster Dodge

There was a Ebay vendor who listed 3 or 4 of the Monster Dodge trucks & big 4WD model & having lost another Dodge truck due to me being a Scotsman I figured that I'd set my high bid on $17.50 each & see where that went

I won this for $9.00, another friend won one too for $17.95 ( I told him he better check with me before bidding)

IMG_0702_zpsccb7a658.jpgIMG_0703_zps1f4e6ad8.jpgIMG_0704_zpsa57da0fd.jpgIMG_0705_zpsb12aeffc.jpg

No being one to sport another man's build as mine It quickly fell apart

IMG_0706_zps94e556f4.jpg

The suspension is fitted to a LRE chassis so there will now be a Monster Dodge Warlock

IMG_0710_zps451abf9b.jpg

The LWB Monster Dodge without stripes on it's way to 2WD

IMG_0712_zps82d205ad.jpg

Edited by DodgeAddict

Cool builds. I have something similar in the works with one of those monster truck Dodges, but I'm going stock 4x4 with mine.

I do have one suggestion for the 2wd longbed, you might look into lowering the rear a little bit. For whatever reason, the LRE seems to only have the 4x4 rear springs, which make the rear sit up a bit too high. It's not a hard alteration, all you would need to do is take a little out of the blocks on the bottom of the springs. Cut them off flush with the spring, the section the top of it off to the top of the arch where the axle seats in. That'll it it at the right height. I did that on an LRE I converted to a contractors trucks, made a huge difference in the stance.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bob, how do you find the alignment between the cab and the bed? Being the last evolution of this tooling, I'd bet it fits pretty good. I recently picked up a couple built kits: a 1975 and a 1977. The '75s cab seems to be wider but the '77s cab seems to fit the bed better; both beds are the same width, just different trim. I believe the monster truck cab and bed have no side trim at all...?

So it seems the issue is with the cab rather than the beds. I like the older cabs due to the trim on them; I'll look into either sectioning the cabs or maybe even widening the beds. Of course, this ends up being a moot point with the steps ide bed. :)

• 3 months later...