Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aoshima RX-7 (FC3S)

kriztsq

Hi guys, this is my third kit (I just couldn't stop) :D

I took an Aoshima RX-7, I'm a fan of savanna though, but I took the initial D version because it gets the engine parts, and of course several add-on.

DSC_0630.jpg

I started by building the front and rear suspension for now. Painted the springs red and gold for the shock. Red for the calipers, and of course silver for the discs (soon)

DSC_0631.jpg

IMG_20140528_092423.jpg

Then I painted the Meister wheels (Love this 2-piece rims provided) to gold.

IMG_20140528_092546.jpg

Then I paint the body, and it's still not finished yet. (I decided to go with closed headlamps) Will keep update soon :)

DSC_0643.jpg

Edited by kriztsq

Looking good, I like how you did the wheels.

I love Aoshima kits.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thanks, but I didn't do too much on the wheels.

It's actually came in chrome for the lips and matte-like silver for the rims, I just need to paint the rims gold :D

Today's progress is finishing the car, I glued the clear parts with a glue I found in ACE hardware, because I can't find any Elmer's or Testor's. This is what I found :

DSC_0737.jpg

Then I glued the clear parts :

DSC_0669.jpg

Fitted the body :

DSC_0665.jpg

Well this body is actually painted in sky blue then topped with fluorescent blue (I just want to give it a try), and it ends in making the body looks like bubbling or something :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...

I found that GO2 glue at Walmart. I can't believe how strong it is! It doesn't fog clear plastic since it's a urethane type adhesive or something like that. Only thing I didn't like about it is the set up time.

Your FC looks pretty good. Not a fan of flat colors on cars, unless it's an accent color. I was unaware the Initial D FC had engine details.

looks nice, but clear coat´d make it awesome!!!

I found that GO2 glue at Walmart. I can't believe how strong it is! It doesn't fog clear plastic since it's a urethane type adhesive or something like that. Only thing I didn't like about it is the set up time.

Your FC looks pretty good. Not a fan of flat colors on cars, unless it's an accent color. I was unaware the Initial D FC had engine details.

Thanks guys, I bought this fluorescent blue in Ace hardware, and they said to not put a clear coat or else I would ruin the color effect. (I was afraid & didn't follow them)

I agreed with the set up time, it takes quite long time... Thanks again! :)