Model Cars Magazine Forum

Some of my cars from a few years back

lowglow

Hi guyz
Well after roaming around in this forum for some time now, I thought it was about time I made myself known. I have been involved in this hobby since I was 6 years old, although in recent years other hobbies, racing speedway, radio controlled aero modelling and more recently restoring an old boat have taken priority, but I have been yearning to get back to it.

I thought I would post some pictures of a couple of kits that I built around 25 years ago.

I built this one from the 1983 release of AMT 32 Ford Vicky, straight out of the box no extras although I have just ordered Detail masters flowerpot air cleaners and I have managed to find an old Accu-pro photo etched grille for this kit.I also will be adding some engine wiring and tidying a few other things up.

DSCF2757.jpg

DSCF2751.jpg

DSCF2709.jpg

DSCF2722.jpg

DSCF2718.jpg

DSCF2710.jpg

DSCF2755.jpg

DSCF2702.jpg

DSCF2763.jpg

The following pics are of a very long term project I am working on. A SUPER MODIFYED New Zealand style.

SideBody.jpg

The model is based on the 'Monogram' Steve Butler Sprint Car kit, and has been modified to comply with the Super Modified regulations.
The fuel injection unit has been removed and replaced with a manifold robbed from the parts box, and topped of with a 'Curbside Dioramics' Holley carb detailed with 'S&S specialties' Carb linkages and a few scratch built bits. The cooling system has been remodelled also to be more accurate as has the external oiling system.

Engine.jpg

The body has been cut and bent from litho plate, a thin aluminium product used in the printing industry.

RearBody.jpg

The chassis has also been changed a bit to be more accurate, and will be fitted with a scratch built fuel tank to replace the sprintcar tailcone tank.

Top.jpg

The cockpit will be detailed with a 'Verlinden products' lever action harness and a scratch built brake system, and engine electrics.

Rear.jpg

Engine detailing will be finished off with a 'Detail Master' wired distributor and a scratch built exhaust and mufflers

SideCloseup.jpg

This model will be part of a diorama of a pit scene, complete with the transporter, modelled from a modified 'AMT' Peterbuilt wrecker kit, and a 'Fujimi' Mechanic and tool kitset.
When I get back into this build I will start a build thread on this forum.

I also have two other projects on the go the Fujimi Honda civic SiR II kit, inspiration taken from my own 1to1 car and the AMT 66 Nova SS being built pro street style.
Once I get my work bench tidyed off and find some spare time I will also start build threads on these also.
I hope you enjoy these pics

Chris