Model Cars Magazine Forum

Movie recommendation...

Harry P.

Ok, not a new movie. Not even a "movie" movie, but a made-for-TV movie, and an old one at that. Last night I watched "The Legend of Lizzie Borden" on youtube. Not the newish one with Christina Ricci, but the old one from the 1970s starring Elizabeth Montgomery. Yes, Samantha!

Wow... talk about playing against type. If you only know Elizabeth Montgomery as Sam from Bewitched, check out this move. She's absolutely terrific as the creepy yet sweet (and mysterious) Lizzie Borden. The movie is really good... could easily have been a theatrical release, it's that good.

There's a whole version on youtube, but it was so dark I could hardly make out the images. I watched a version that's chopped into seven approx.15 minute segments. Kind of a pain to have to keep clicking on part two, part three, etc. but no worse than commercial breaks, I guess. Definitely worth the effort, especially if you've never seen Elizabeth Montgomery in a dramatic role.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GILnT9JHsBo

You guys will probably hate my recommendation because 1) it's a romantic comedy, and 2) it's in French, so you have to read the dialogue.

But try a movie called Amelie, starring Audrey Tautou at her cutest and sweetest..... a good wholesome movie without any cursing or violence.....

You guys will probably hate my recommendation because 1) it's a romantic comedy, and 2) it's in French, so you have to read the dialogue.

But try a movie called Amelie, starring Audrey Tautou at her cutest and sweetest..... a good wholesome movie without any cursing or violence.....

I don't have a problem with a movie without cursing or violence.

In fact. I have a problem with movies that have cursing and violence. I don't see either one as "entertainment," but given what Hollywood puts out these days, it's pretty much unavoidable.

Ok, not a new movie. Not even a "movie" movie, but a made-for-TV movie, and an old one at that. Last night I watched "The Legend of Lizzie Borden" on youtube. Not the newish one with Christina Ricci, but the old one from the 1970s starring Elizabeth Montgomery. Yes, Samantha!

Wow... talk about playing against type. If you only know Elizabeth Montgomery as Sam from Bewitched, check out this move. She's absolutely terrific as the creepy yet sweet (and mysterious) Lizzie Borden. The movie is really good... could easily have been a theatrical release, it's that good.

There's a whole version on youtube, but it was so dark I could hardly make out the images. I watched a version that's chopped into seven approx.15 minute segments. Kind of a pain to have to keep clicking on part two, part three, etc. but no worse than commercial breaks, I guess. Definitely worth the effort, especially if you've never seen Elizabeth Montgomery in a dramatic role.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GILnT9JHsBo

I saw this movie when it was 1st. on TV!! And I too thought it was pretty great, for a made for TV movie.