Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bronco drag truck

Don't normally have more than one project going at a time but I am stalled on my Cheetah build until some parts and paint arrives. Want to keep working on something so I am starting my next project. This will be a Bronco drag truck. The resin body is from an unknown vendor to me. It is not too bad but seems to be cast in a more rubbery material than I am used to. The finish is not very smooth and will require a bit of work. It is supposed to be used as a replica of the Bronco Buster but I could not locate any decals. So...... it will be just some generic drag car. I will try and alter the chassis from the Fiat to work with this body.

cheetah4andbronco003_zpsca5e188f.jpg

hey ray it is special appearance decals (john beckens)is where i got mine from it was oct.10th of last year when i got them $12.00 and he has them in silver and gold and this was after they dissappeared on ebay thats where i was going to get them and they were gone then i found this address and i think i had talked to him on the phone and he emailed me the list of decals he has. hope this helps you i know this is where i got them i had the envelope in my hand this morning.

vince

Ray, please keep posting pics of your progress. I always wanted to do one of these. Would love to see how it can be done. Great idea of using a chassis from the AMT Double Dragster kit. I think it will work well with a few modifications. Now, I need to find a Bronco Buster Resin.

Jim

Making some headway on this build. The chassis I elected to use was not set up correct for this body. Nothing lined up good but the wheelbase was pretty good. Anyway, I had 2 choices. I could either modify the frame which would involve moving the seating, the roll bar and probably relocating the engine and modifying the drive shaft. The other option, the one I chose was to modify the body to fit. Thus the reason I put a notch in the rear panel. It gave me the room I needed for the roll bar. One photo shows a mock up of where I am headed. Color (s) have not been selected yet but I am leaning towards a 2 tone paint job.

bronco4001_zps35a2df72.jpg

bronco4002_zps48099d52.jpg