Model Cars Magazine Forum

Where to find rattle cans of late 1960's car colors?

I have bought several. Duplicolor enamel from Napa, I have been able to get them off the shelf. GM Blue, Chevy Orange, etc. The more obscure colors will be harder to find, but they do offer the service to make you a spray can> i think I paid $14 or so.

Paint Scratch has recently started selling their paint in rattle cans. I've been using their paint for models of the cars I've owned and have been happy with it. Usually it's been touch up paint I thin and use in my airbrush but I've been getting their rattle cans lately and have been happy with the results. Maybe this fits your description of "Other than having a color mixed a put into a rattle can" but it's no different there than buying Duplicolor off the shelf .. and you have choice of about every car color ever made.

I've kinda noticed lately that a lot of colors from earlier periods seem to be getting recycled on late-model cars. In some cases, they're kinda close, and in some, they're dead on. Depending on how close you want to get, you can buy "chip-book" single color sheets on ebay to get chips of the exact color for a particular year car, and then go Duplicolor-shopping at the old auto-parts store to get a close match.

Duplicolor has a HUGE range of pre-mixed rattlecan colors, and not all stores have the same color selection.