Model Cars Magazine Forum

59 Buick Roadster Custom By Ted "chopper" Lear

ViperDave

In a late-breaking report, we've received word that Mr. Bill Stillwagon is considering legal action against Mr. Ted Lear for using his ideas, paint color and interior design on his latest custom. Stay tuned to Model Cars Magazine forum for additional updates.

DSCN9060-vi.jpg

For those of you who may have traded in your sense of humor on a wife, kids and a minivan, the above is JUST A JOKE.

Bill Stillwagon and Chopper are great friends. CHOPPER - your Buick is excellent!!!!!

The usual amazing job! I have always liked this style Buick since my uncle owned one. My favorite stock build of this year Buick is Bill Geary's, and also this custom version (in my favorite color). The taillight treatment really works, and the tonneau cover makes it flow. Hey Dave, you have a pm.

In a late-breaking report, we've received word that Mr. Bill Stillwagon is considering legal action against Mr. Ted Lear for using his ideas, paint color and interior design on his latest custom. Stay tuned to Model Cars Magazine forum for additional updates.

DSCN9060-vi.jpg

For those of you who may have traded in your sense of humor on a wife, kids and a minivan, the above is JUST A JOKE.

Bill Stillwagon and Chopper are great friends. CHOPPER - your Buick is excellent!!!!!

Later breaking news. Chopper is taking legal action against Mr Stillwagon for coping his designs on his latest custom. He says that he copied his ROADBLASTER design by using the Corvette interior and windshield. The Roadblaster has been done for at least a year now. Updates at 5.

DSC04734-vi.jpg

IMG_0576.jpg

The truth is that Billy and Chopper are great friends and while Chopper was over last night while I was posting the pics Billy called and we were checking out different contest coverages and nit picking at some of the other model designs.

Later Dave

The usual amazing job! I have always liked this style Buick since my uncle owned one. My favorite stock build of this year Buick is Bill Geary's, and also this custom version (in my favorite color). The taillight treatment really works, and the tonneau cover makes it flow. Hey Dave, you have a pm.

I got your message and tried to send back a reply but something didn't work so here is what I was trying to send.

'randbugeye'

I could do that. His E-Mail is ChopChopTed@aol.com BUT that won't help you. I made the license plates for him. I used ACME to make the plates. I then went to a little program that came on some old disc called LivePix2.0 . I use that program to resize the plates. It might be hard to explain but on this program I open up each file that I want to print and it makes a file on the right side of the screen. Then all I have to do is drag each plate over to the middle and qrab the corner and move in down to resize it and then grab the whole pic and move it around to line them up in lines. I can put 25 plates on one little page and then when I go to print it puts 15 of those little squares on one sheet of Photo paper. 25 X 15 = 375 plates from one sheet of paper. The trick is that I use glossy photo paper to print the plates and we just cut them out and glue them on. I have a HP printer but most printers will do well enough when you use photo paper and use the settings on your printer for photo paper.

If you have any questions you can e-mail me dirrectly at BlueGrassModeler@aol.com

Thanks Dave

Later breaking news. Chopper is taking legal action against Mr Stillwagon for coping his designs on his latest custom. He says that he copied his ROADBLASTER design by using the Corvette interior and windshield. The Roadblaster has been done for at least a year now. Updates at 5.

The truth is that Billy and Chopper are great friends and while Chopper was over last night while I was posting the pics Billy called and we were checking out different contest coverages and nit picking at some of the other model designs.

Later Dave

:) Actually, Bill built that '56 Chevy in early 2005. We'll have to let the courts make a ruling on this. LOL.

I've seen Chopper's beautuful roadster in the pic many times. In fact, that's my red '57 Ford custom in the backround. It's always an "excellent adventure" when Bill & Ted are displaying their amazing customs.

;) Actually, Bill built that '56 Chevy in early 2005. We'll have to let the courts make a ruling on this. LOL.

I've seen Chopper's beautuful roadster in the pic many times. In fact, that's my red '57 Ford custom in the backround. It's always an "excellent adventure" when Bill & Ted are displaying their amazing customs.

While we were taking pics and posting them we got the call from Billy and burnt up some of those free minutes then got a call from Ken "Bondo" Brickell. Between the 3 of them I but they use quite a few pounds of body putty each year.

hello there friend!! OOOuch I think I just got a wip-lash turning my head so fast That is one bad mu$%#^&@* shut yo' mouth! excellent build and the color jumps at you even more. Thank you for posting this clean, mean; and lean machine.

Peace

AJulia