Model Cars Magazine Forum

' 65 Galaxie

smellyfatdude

I decided to do another Galaxie, and since I wanted to do a ' 65 to replicate the car of a fella I used to work with, I figured there's no time like the present. His car was not an XL, but it was gold with a black vinyl roof. So even though I'm doing this box stock, I'm going to use the same color scheme. Here's the body with the paint and clear on it, as well as the vinyl roof, added today.

More to come! :rolleyes:

painted005m_zps3323fe9a.jpg

painted001m_zpsc13bff1c.jpg

roof001m_zps665185cd.jpg

roof003m_zps9c7776c4.jpg

roof004m_zps51fadd09.jpg

Did you use a primer or barrier (sealer) first? Or can you just shoot the paint on over bare plastic? Thanks for any help, as painting is an area where I need the most improvement. Tom

Thomas, I used both Duplicolor grey primer and sealer, as I always do. I felt like I was taking enough of a gamble with the paint, and wasn't about to test Krylon's "theory" that you don't need to use primer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Thomas, I used both Duplicolor grey primer and sealer, as I always do. I felt like I was taking enough of a gamble with the paint, and wasn't about to test Krylon's "theory" that you don't need to use primer.

I have used Krylon paint in the past with out primer/sealer, no ill effects! I did it as a test on a 53 f100, was perfect, no problems. I was in a hurry...I know better, BUT!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...