Model Cars Magazine Forum

24 Hour Build, Noon Tomorrow

It's on for tomorrow, Saturday the 19th at noon. The 3rd weekend in January and time for our 2nd annual 24 hour build. Five of us crazy modelers here in West Virginia are getting together at my place to spend 24 hours straight starting and finishing a model kit. A second team of 2 is also doing the same build at a different location.

Here is the website to watch our progress:

http://public.fotki.com/gkulchock/24-hour-build-2008/

The second teams link to Photobucket:

http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w256/JT...20Hour%20Build/

Please tune in starting about 11:00 am this Saturday my time for "Pre-race" photos, and ending around 1:00 pm Sunday for final photos in Victory Lane. Your comments on the build are always welcome and can be posted on my above Fotki site. We will be watching this site closely to view the comments and to add photos as we go along. Pass on our website to all your buddies an friends. I would love to turn this into a national event every 3rd weekend in January.

I'll be waiting to hear from you during the build.

Thanks ...... Gary K.

us-vi.jpg

Hope you guys have a blast! We have a group project planned for Saturday as well, but not a 24 hour build. Just a one-day modelpalooza, but we're also potentially having a snowstorm overnight into tomorrow that may squelch our group plans if travel gets nasty. I'll be watching the forums to see your progress! If we get our palooza going tomorrow, we'll be working on some cool stuff too. Good luck guys! ;)

Hope you guys have a blast! We have a group project planned for Saturday as well, but not a 24 hour build. Just a one-day modelpalooza, but we're also potentially having a snowstorm overnight into tomorrow that may squelch our group plans if travel gets nasty. I'll be watching the forums to see your progress! If we get our palooza going tomorrow, we'll be working on some cool stuff too. Good luck guys! B)

Hey Bob, good to hear from you. So just what is a modelpalooza? We are expecting some snow also with Sunday morning temps. of 7 degrees. Hope your function goe's well Saturday. Make sure you tune into our build.

Later .... Gary

Start, build and finish a model in 24 hours? Heck...it'd take me two days just to find all the parts of the last project I was working on. B) Haven't finished one in over 6 months (major slump...) Hopefully '08 will be better to me than '07. Have fun ...can't wait to see what you guys churn out in a day!

Hey Bob, good to hear from you. So just what is a modelpalooza? We are expecting some snow also with Sunday morning temps. of 7 degrees. Hope your function goe's well Saturday. Make sure you tune into our build.

Later .... Gary

We call any get together for modeling at someone's house a modelpalooza. We'll be at Wayne's house weather/roads permitting...people can't drive here in rain, much less snow...so if the roads are slick it's best to stay put. I've got some paint/decal work to do on a couple of Cayman kits, one stock, one a Cayman GT w/custom decals to match the silver w/orange-striped GT3 RS that was in the Porsche year-by-year corral at Rennsport.

Well, we're actually getting the snow they predicted here in Atlanta, so our modelpalooza will have to happen some other time. I'll be watching your progress! Meanwhile I've gotten some good primer work on my Caymans...I guess I should shoot a few pics and start sharing...

Cool idea! Great way to spend 24 hours! Go from box to shelf! Good luck to all of you doing this...and have a nice snooze Sunday afternoon!

Thanks guys. We have just past the 10th hour and everyone is feeling pretty good thanks to some killer coffee Chip made. Wow!

Later ..... GaryDSC09441-vi.jpg

Bobby, looks good so far! I'm looking forward to seeing how all the others fared. Our modelpalooza was cancelled due to snow, but of course at the end of the day it was clear that we could have had it, the roads didn't get bad as they predicted; just a nice snowy day that we rarely get in Atlanta. Oh well...I got two Caymans painted yesterday, I'll shoot them and post them soon.