Model Cars Magazine Forum

1959-63 Rolls Royce Phantom V High Roof limousine

Chromecop

I haven't had the time to Think about colors yet, but orange is definitely doable on this one...however I'd prefere to mix it with a dark color like black or very dark "gun metal grey" metallic. I saw a real one on the net, it was pink Pearl and maroon and looked very nice! Dark blue/Silver would also look good I Believe....

We'll see, first I have to do the body mods to the left side as I've only done the right side so far!

The body may be okay to build as a limousine, but obviously the tires are way too small. No postwar Roll-Royce ever came with wire wheels. What scale is this? You might be able to use some interior parts from the 1/24 Minicraft Silver Cloud, but it's not very good at all. I would also suggest that for a good interior to bash and wheels, the best choice would be the Testors/Italeri Roll-Royce Phantom II Star of India. There are no good choices for a Silver Cloud engine, unless you're ready to deal with the Revell parts pak 1949 Cadillac, which Rolls stole from them..

Only one problem: The Phantom V was a much larger car all around than the Silver Cloud.

Art

Ahem...

Autotrader1-762302.jpg

Even if he'd whack some Donks on it, it would still be OK, because we all can do what we want.

I'd slam this thing and paint it so psychedelic, that even John Lennon's Roller pales in comparison.

Looks like an attempt to copy a special Hooper-coachwork Corniche I saw (at least, that's how it was identified). The wheels aren't the only modifications on that one ; ) Not that it matters, since this model certainly won't need stock authenticity.

http://www.bentleyspotting.com/2011_07_01_archive.html

Edited by sjordan2

More corrections to the body. The Picture of the model has been photoshopped, but that's just about what it looks like right now after I've cut out some plastic in the thrunk area to shorten the body about 1/6".

The red lines show where I will either ADD plastic or take some material away.

post-739-0-74545900-1413675764_thumb.jpg