Model Cars Magazine Forum

Truck Kits You've Scored Recently

Very interesting Clayton. I'm glad to see a lot of resin possibilities being used on this kit. Are you using the stock engine? A Detroit might be a good addition to this.

holy cow, Terry just suggested a Detroit?????!!!!!! Just picking Terry, couldn't resist the ribbin! But yeah, I think the 6v would be cool, and unusual! Edited by guitarsam326

holy cow, Terry just suggested a Detroit?????!!!!!! Just picking Terry, couldn't resist the ribbin! But yeah, I think the 6v would be cool, and unusual!

I know, I may have gotten bumped on the head Sam. Its just that 3206 looks so tiny under that huge Ford hood. A larger V8 would look better. I wouldn't try an I6 because of firewall/doghouse issues. I guess a 4 cyl Cummins would be cool.

Just remember that the JF cab is based off the Ford F100, and is not the medium/heavy duty 600 series. I've started widening a the front fenders from an AMT F100 and will cut off the resin ones and replace them with the widened plastic fender clip. Then it drops right on the L series chassis.

I just got this in today. Its a 1/35 military dozer. Its a US "D7". From my calulations, this D7 in 1/35 scales out to be a D4 in 1/25. Its a cable operated model. I will be building as the civilian version and putting it behind my 1930 Mack. I want to point out the amount of detail in this kit including PE parts. It is much more detailed than the Cat D8 kit.

199F6E72-4A01-4588-A06A-4F881B390A5B_zps

494DAC2A-4CC7-4930-B385-D7A84C257CCF_zps

B2B84FDC-2965-4E9D-A88C-7C24025AF52E_zps

F41EC2A8-EAB3-4BF8-992C-EF44B62E5518_zps

B7B06D44-0CE4-4F18-B5AC-62783D4ABA7D_zps

86FD2E14-F07F-4F55-A4C6-F512745A0D45_zps

The Broncos worked out to about $50 a piece, not bad for wrapped ones. The Bison was $45 and the wrecker was $60, guess who's been working overtime lately. I'm working on a 5 ton axle. I'm going to try to combine the center section from the Bronco axles with the steering knuckles and brake drums from the Jurassic Attack axles.

The Broncos worked out to about $50 a piece, not bad for wrapped ones. The Bison was $45 and the wrecker was $60, guess who's been working overtime lately. I'm working on a 5 ton axle. I'm going to try to combine the center section from the Bronco axles with the steering knuckles and brake drums from the Jurassic Attack axles.

Ive done that same thing. I have two of the MPC Dodges and the EL Camino. I grafted on the knuckles as well. They are going on my Bigfoot 1 rebuild.