Model Cars Magazine Forum

Truck Kits You've Scored Recently

The Mustang II FC is the main reason I bought it, and I got this combo kit for less money than the Mustang alone usually goes for on ebay.

It probably helped that the truck was just reissued, causing that "collector value" to bottom out. :D

I have a Stralis in the stash as well. If you want to "Peter-ize" a Euro truck maybe a DAF XF105 would be a good choice. Go with KFS' DAF XT hood, or something like that. Kenworth already uses the DAF cab for the K500. Seems logical to me.

It's not so much a case of "Peterizing", it's more a case of "this is the style of truck I see on the road". When you see a certain style of truck it tends to influence what you do with your builds.

You're probably right. Kinda like how you boys on the east coast have your own style.

I've only seen one Euro truck in person. It was a blue Scania RV. It was in 2013. The interior was done kind of lowrider like. Meteor crush 2 tone blue velvet,

It probably helped that the truck was just reissued, causing that "collector value" to bottom out. :D

I love it when that happens! I just got a couple of original issue AMT White Western Stars for about five bucks more than the list price of a reissue- I don't even want to think what they'd have gone for prior to the reissue.