Model Cars Magazine Forum

"pro Tech" Mustang Ii Bracket Car

Pro Tech

Hey everyone, thought I would post a few pics of a build I've been working on for a few months now. The base kit is the Firefighter Mustang II and I'm building it as a bracket (Pro/Super Pro) style car. The car will also be displayed at shows I vend at so it will be stuffed with alot of Pro Tech parts so people can see how the parts look on a finished model. Anyway here's the engine that's about complete. Will send more pics soon.

Thanks again for looking.

Charlie

Pro Tech

DSCN1356.jpgDSCN1357.jpgDSCN1353.jpg

Edited by Pro Tech

Very nice, Charlie. Care to share with us what Pro-Tech parts have been utilized on the engine?

James and Marc, thanks for the kind comments.

Marc, Here's the following Pro Tech parts used on the motor. Thanks for asking.

Demon Carburetor, Distributor Kit, Machined Coil, Plug Wire, Plug Wire Looms, Machined Oil Breathers, Photoetched Flex Fan

Charlie

Pro Tech

Charlie,

Thanks for the parts listing. What better way to promote your product by showcasing it in this manner. Pro-Tech is a new company to me, and I will be looking at your product in the future.

I have Known about Pro tech for Many years.. how many? about 10 is My guess.

Like the parts that I have used.

is there a site to see your Product Line ?

Hey Charlie,

I'm going to enjoy watching this Mustang II build, and I'm looking forward to seeing you this Saturday at the model car show in Melbourne. I'm busting the piggy bank to stock up on some more fittings, braided lines and those new demon carbs. I'm bringing some of the guys from the club with me.

Pro-Tech is a new company to me, and I will be looking at your product in the future.

Marc, I've been using Pro Tech for about two years now. Top-notch stuff. You have to see and use the braided lines... incredible, so real.

Jefbo

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finished the interior so here are a few pics. The following Pro Tech parts were added, roll bar padding, racing harness, MSD 6, gauges, photoetch nuts & bolts (on dash and shifter). Items scratchbuilt were additional roll bar bracing, steering column (aluminum), toggle switches, dash facing (sheet plastic). I’m working on the chassis and will post those pics when ready.

Thanks again for looking!

Charlie

Pro Tech

FSCN1360.jpg

FSCN1381.jpg

FSCN1373.jpg

FSCN1371.jpg

FSCN1378.jpg

FSCN1383.jpg

FSCN1376.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have made a little more progress with the Mustang. The chassis is finished and the motor has been installed along with braided lines, hex fittings, etc. etc. I’m working on the paint scheme for the body and will post those pics in the future.

As always, thanks for looking!

Charlie

Pro Tech

FSCN1394-1.jpg

FSCN1391.jpg

FSCN1389.jpg

DSCN1392.jpg

DSCN1387.jpg

DSCN1386.jpg

DSCN1385.jpg

DSCN1384.jpg

Chris, thanks for your kind comments. This is the first model I've built for myself in years and having a great time doing so. I also have a few early funny cars I want to get to in the near future.

Gregg, can you move this thread to "Drag Racing Models" Thanks!

Charlie

Pro Tech

Charlie can you show us how you did the washes on the carbs for this build?

Len, the wash process I use is as follows - Use Polly Scale "Night Black" mixed at a ratio of 10% paint, 45% alcohol and 45% water. Brush this over the carb. until you get the desired effect. Next use a small brush and a ratio of about 50/50 (paint/alcohol and water) and flow this into the venturi area (the four bore openings), let this dry for about 30 mins. then dip a Q-Tip in stright alcohol and lightly wipe off any black that might be on the top of the booster venturi (the small tube in the very center of the bore) and your done!

Charlie

Pro Tech

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys fo the comments! it's all down hill from here. Will post finished pics soon.

Tom, hopefully I will have this done by next meeting, So, ya gonna have that Garlits dragster finished right! see ya there.

Charlie

Pro Tech

Well a little more progress, I got color (and sponsor!) on the body. I used Bare Metal Foil for color seperation line. Next, onto the trim and final assembly.

Thanks for looking,

Charlie

Pro Tech

FSCN1417.jpg

DSCN1420.jpg

DSCN1414.jpg

Well Charlie,I like what you have built with your products. The model will sell a lot of parts at the shows I'm sure.Very Very nice work.Thanks for telling me about it. New customer Earl Miller