Model Cars Magazine Forum

project 1368 charger

dragon3323

Looks good from where im sitting, like the style you have achieved.

Welcome to the big league's forum, where there is some un written rules as to the level and quality at which ones build must achieve in order to be a worthy of praise and comment and be accepted as a builder.(sarcasm)

Personally dude, read and accept what people have to say and move on, if you can learn something from critique's or fault finders/nit pickers then so be it.

Build how you want to build and enjoy the hobby for what it is, dont build to suit others opinions and expectations it will take the fun out it. Just try improve with each new build at your own pace and the more you build the better you will get.

Once you been on here awhile you start to see how the people and the forum works, most people on here are cool and accept others varying skill levels.

But there are some who feel and know they are above everyone else and expect others to build to a certain skill level, if you look hard enough and realise who's who chance's are you will see they dont build (just an arm chair experts), havent built a model for along time or build entirely different subjects.

So with all that being said, expect some criticism from the big dog's but dont take it the wrong way. Basically they are just grumpy old men with too much time on their hands.

Harry, if he didn't ask for criticism, it shouldn't be offered.

That's where you and I disagree.

I've said it a million times... if you post your work on a public forum, expect the public to comment. What kind of a "forum" would this be if we only allowed pats on the back? It would be meaningless, and nobody would learn anything. It's as if movie critics or restaurant critics were only allowed to write positive reviews. What would be the point of a movie critic who was only allowed to write positive reviews?

I'm sure Tyler is fine. He's not going to flip out just because someone saw a problem with his model and pointed it out.

Once you been on here awhile you start to see how the people and the forum works, most people on here are cool and accept others varying skill levels.

But there are some who feel and know they are above everyone else and expect others to build to a certain skill level, if you look hard enough and realise who's who chance's are you will see they dont build (just an arm chair experts), havent built a model for along time or build entirely different subjects.

So with all that being said, expect some criticism from the big dog's but dont take it the wrong way. Basically they are just grumpy old men with too much time on their hands.

That is so wrong I don't even know where to start.

First of all, nobody on this forum expects or demands that anyone else build to their level. That's a ridiculous comment. Just because someone points out a problem doesn't mean that person is "expecting" anything from anyone.

And just because a person builds "entirely different subjects" doesn't mean that person can't comment on someone else's stuff. Or that they're all "grumpy old men" with too much time on their hands. That makes as much sense as if I said all the Australian guys on this forum are just slackers and losers. Pretty stupid of me to make a comment like that and lump all the Australian members together, right?

That's where you and I disagree.

I've said it a million times... if you post your work on a public forum, expect the public to comment. What kind of a "forum" would this be if we only allowed pats on the back? It would be meaningless, and nobody would learn anything. It's as if movie critics or restaurant critics were only allowed to write positive reviews. What would be the point of a movie critic who was only allowed to write positive reviews?

I'm sure Tyler is fine. He's not going to flip out just because someone saw a problem with his model and pointed it out.

How... presumptuous of you to be sure that he is "fine". How can you be so sure? Do you know Tyler, or are you just making an assumption? Again, it's not the fact that someone pointed out a problem- it's how it was done. "Outstanding? Seriously? You don't see a problem..." Yep, real tact and diplomacy, something that we grown, mature adults should expect to see in a forum. In fact, one of the rules of the Forum is : "Be courteous to others". Huh.

Come on- gimme a break. A comparison to movie critiques is inane. Critics get paid, movies are revenue generators. Car models- especially in our situations- are pretty much a non-for-profit hobby, a pastime. Yes, we can all improve and we can all use some constructive criticism. It is a good thing and can help any and all of us who build. But, who would want another modeler to walk up to them, in front of many other modelers, and hear him or her say "Your paint really sux", and then just walk away? You seriously don't see the problem with that?

Not all of us are cut from the same cloth to be able to let such things just roll off one's back. Some of us can reach that place through maturity, some are born with it, some just never get there, and that's just how life is- we all have to deal with it. Whatever the situation, it certainly can't hurt to be a little more pleasant - and constructive- when offering uninvited criticism of one's work.

(edited to correct cited quote)

Edited by johnbuzzed

I just saw this car in person today and it was AAAAAAWESOME, beautiful paint work . Keep it up and keep posting, I wish I would have talked to you today. thanks for showing it signed (the other)

Cliff

Thanks. You should have talk to me would have love to talk. It was a grate show. Took home two first places. And it being my first show Evey. I way happy