Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles drops Pentastar logo

Scott, we have a visitor from France at work this week. "I come all the way from France and they couldn't give me an American car?" I kinda sighed and said, "That IS an American car. It's made here."

So I asked him what he drove back home... Citroen? Renault? "No, he says, Toyota." Yea it's the same all over.

The question becomes, is this good or bad? I don't know.

Scott

There was a time when America made some of the best stuff in the world. But we got lazy and greedy (including the unions), with companies focusing on corporate logos and "shareholder value" in the very short term rather than on building good products for years to come.

Toyota and Honda focus on building good CARS...Honda in particular is PRODUCT focused. Maybe that's why they tend to dominate markets the world over.

And now America is slipping into becoming a third-world country where it's more cost effective to build a car from a Korean manufacturer, Kia, HERE than it is to build them in Korea and ship them, and an Italian car maker owns a company that once was synonymous with American engineering at its best...Chrysler.

All the fat lazy do-nothing-but-have-ass-covering-meetings American business "experts" have made this mess, and nobody is going to fix it...probably ever.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy