Model Cars Magazine Forum

1971 duster on steroids nov 6 decalled and nearly done

freakshow12

Thanks again. I do have a decal for the oil filter but it will go on once the engine is in for final time. I got a bit more done on the chassis. Subframe connectors and rear cage plates in, driveshaft loop mocked up. The exhaust is pretty much sorted but I'm not ready to show that just yet. Now I'm building brackets for the manual steering rack and I need to make a little more room for the torsion bars near the headers. Not sure what to do there yet

D353CD3A-3730-42DB-B8BA-27FB26B24095_zps

Thanks guys. I'm a Ford guy in the real world so I had to do a little looking but I found several ways to do coil overs. That's the plan of attack tonight. Also gonna scratch some cal trac bars for it and a fuel tank. By the time I'm done the chassis could be a model in itself. It will be wearing show type glossy plum crazy paint too

Mopars are usually set up with pinion snubbers, not traction bars. I don't know why but it's been that way for a long time. They definitely don't have the eye-appeal of a nice set of traction bars. Your build is coming along nice and it's similar to something I have in mind. I'll be following.