Model Cars Magazine Forum

Oldskoo Kustoms

rollinoldskoo

Did a 1:1 GP 85 if i remember right for my son. Got it real cheap needed grille wrk. six with power, so's he wouldn't kill himself in it. No hydro's, cut coils in frt. had him put some coil clamps in the rear springs, he had so many on them they were almost solid. he jacked it up one day to put an old set of Tru-spokes on it, the rear springs fell out. Got him a pair of frts. for the bk., let him cuttem, he liked to sit to much. Had new top put on and cheap paint job, headliner, tune up. He thought he was a thug, took it away, sold it, bought him another bug. That was 95-96., only remember that because, that was his last yr. of high school.

Guy, I've been on the layitlow ? forum, yea there's some really excellant stuff, paint and just in general. I'm a big fan of Bombs myself, but I like them all. Meant to as what size tape do you use for the real fine lines. With all the projects you've got goin I don't expect an answer soon. Keep goin I really enjoy lookin. :)

Guy, I've been on the layitlow ? forum, yea there's some really excellant stuff, paint and just in general. I'm a big fan of Bombs myself, but I like them all. Meant to as what size tape do you use for the real fine lines. With all the projects you've got goin I don't expect an answer soon. Keep goin I really enjoy lookin. :lol:

these were done with 1/64" tape...

IMG_1986.jpg

IMG_1399.jpg

IMG_1400.jpg

the rest were just 3m blue tape i cut into strips..... :D

• 2 weeks later...

its been a while since i've posted anything.... apparently i've missed out on a whole lot on unneccesary drama..... honestly... glad i missed it and wasn't a part in it...

here's somethin i've been workin on for my boss... replica of his 1:1 64 vette.... 64 kits are kinda pricey and harder to find so i started with an AMT 63 Corvette kit since the 63 nd 64 are the closest as far as body details for 63-67 vettes...

IMG_2167.jpg

IMG_2168.jpg

IMG_2169.jpg

IMG_2170.jpg

IMG_2171.jpg

that last mockup pic is just for fun... its gettin the factory knockoffs ;)

here's pic of his 1:1

brianandkevincars.jpg

here's somethin i've been workin on for my boss... replica of his 1:1 64 vette.... 64 kits are kinda pricey and harder to find so i started with an AMT 63 Corvette kit since the 63 nd 64 are the closest as far as body details for 63-67 vettes...

IMG_2171.jpg

that last mockup pic is just for fun... its gettin the factory knockoffs ;)

here's pic of his 1:1

brianandkevincars.jpg

I think you should talk your boss into changing the wheels on his car instead because for some reason I like the ones you picked better. if you don't do it I will .(well I'll start to but then not finish it )

its been a while since i've posted anything.... apparently i've missed out on a whole lot on unneccesary drama..... honestly... glad i missed it and wasn't a part in it...

Thanks for inviting him! ;):rolleyes:;)

:lol: j/k

disclaimer: I am not a HATTER. I am not HATTING on you. I'm not even wearing a HAT!

Nice job on the '64 vette conversion!

I'm trying to figure out who makes the 63 vette, can't tell buy the box. And where do you get the astro supremes yov'e got in the mock up pic. If you don't mind telling an old out of touch guy. :rolleyes::)

it looks like an AMT if you look at the rear of the car the corner of the boxs has part of a red box it says ERTL they made AMT

but i could be wrong

ok guys, i'm back to the workbench.... finished helpin my dad move out his old house so now i can work on my hobby room and start cutting up plastic again.... :lol:

fresh 454SS kit....

IMG_2212.jpg

started doin the mods to slamm it....

IMG_2217.jpg

IMG_2219.jpg

IMG_2220.jpg

tomorrow i'll work on making a c-notch for the rear axle....

Looking good Gil! You hit a button in me with this build.....

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

I did this one a year ago when I decided to take up this hobby to help me quit smoking. It is my first completed build and paint job ever. I wish I could have found a build like yours when I was building mine. I didn't know about layitlow.com or that probably wouldn't have been a problem. :rolleyes: I love what you are doing with yours. The interior never occurred to me to bash a Tahoe snapper... I still have much to learn. I'm surprised how close our removal of body material to do the drop is. I actually took the step out of the frame to keep it as low as I could.

Man, I love it! I will definitely be watching this build!

It's easier to just show a pic than to try to explain....

IMG_1609.jpg

IMG_1610.jpg

Geez.... you can see how I lazed out on doing the exhaust and rear shocks. Doh! :lol: The rest of the work I did was to the inside of the body to get it to sit on the frame right. I also had to butcher the interior for fit. Those seats I used are the low back ones from a long bed promo. :blink:

The only thing I wish I would have done is add some material to keep the wheelbase intact. Here's a front shot to show off the stance better.

IMG_0106.jpg

I agree with Kenny about the engine being too small. That's why I used the big block out of the 66 Nova kit. :D The fact it has a manual on it already was a bonus.

What are you doing in the engine department?