Model Cars Magazine Forum

Oldskoo Kustoms

rollinoldskoo

It's easier to just show a pic than to try to explain....

IMG_1609.jpg

IMG_1610.jpg

Geez.... you can see how I lazed out on doing the exhaust and rear shocks. Doh! :lol: The rest of the work I did was to the inside of the body to get it to sit on the frame right. I also had to butcher the interior for fit. Those seats I used are the low back ones from a long bed promo. :blink:

The only thing I wish I would have done is add some material to keep the wheelbase intact. Here's a front shot to show off the stance better.

IMG_0106.jpg

I agree with Kenny about the engine being too small. That's why I used the big block out of the 66 Nova kit. :D The fact it has a manual on it already was a bonus.

What are you doing in the engine department?

so u did mostly a body drop?? i'm not sure on the motor for mine....

Yeah, I do like these generation Silverados a lot! :D I have a few I'm kicking around. I found an original release in mint condition in a tiny LHS and I'm building it as a stocker. I also have a stepside and a phantom dually kit as well as a few promos to tinker with when I need a break from building all these hot rods I've been enjoying so much.

I am loving the top color you picked for yours too.... what's that they say about great minds... ;):blink:

That mockup is Killer too!!! :lol:

Yeah, I do like these generation Silverados a lot! :D I have a few I'm kicking around. I found an original release in mint condition in a tiny LHS and I'm building it as a stocker. I also have a stepside and a phantom dually kit as well as a few promos to tinker with when I need a break from building all these hot rods I've been enjoying so much.

I am loving the top color you picked for yours too.... what's that they say about great minds... ;):blink:

That mockup is Killer too!!! :lol:

i got 2 tahoes waiting to be chopped and blended into a burb ;):P these kits are some of my favorites.... bewteen the kits that they made u can make all of the different models in full detail too...

oh and i got one of these too ;)

96tahoe2door-04.jpg

oh and i got one of these too :blink:

96tahoe2door-04.jpg

Oooo! Who makes that? I already have an idea! Mine would be a dumped Yukon 2dr. :D I've always wanted to see one of those on the ground. Man you got me ready to spend more on resin after I just spent some coin at NNL. ;)

The more I look at it, I think I could bash up a body of my own with a Tahoe 4dr kit and another shortbed. Hmmmmmmmm....... :lol: Maybe I will buy the next 454SS kit I find. :P

Oooo! Who makes that? I already have an idea! Mine would be a dumped Yukon 2dr. ;) I've always wanted to see one of those on the ground. Man you got me ready to spend more on resin after I just spent some coin at NNL. ;)

The more I look at it, I think I could bash up a body of my own with a Tahoe 4dr kit and another shortbed. Hmmmmmmmm....... :lol: Maybe I will buy the next 454SS kit I find. ;)

its an older Accu-pro resin body.... no longer produced.... they closed up and Perry's Resin picked up some of there line but i dunno why they never continued these.... they even had the suburban and crew cab bodies :D we should bug him in the resin section :blink::P

Looking really tight, Gil! You are gonna make me go back and do the molding on mine. :lol: (I built it so I could take it apart and "service" things.) :lol: This build just makes me think what the owner of my build if it were 1:1, were to keep it for many years, upgrading things along the way that he might arrive at something that looks like your build. :rolleyes: Still a driver and not a trailer queen!

Who wants a trailer queen? :rolleyes:

I agree with Dub though, this thing is sick! I love every part of it. This truck just looks perfect like that. :lol:

I've seen plenty of bagged and in the weeds Tahoes at shows. :lol:

I know this guy that has a bagged and nice 99 Ranger and my favorite, a Toyota :blink: 98 Tacoma.

love the license plate. :o

l_95e6f5a917bc622b85f8dcbbe226be3f.jpg

88888.jpg

acrophobia got some of the best trucks out there....

yuppers. :lol: there have some sick ones, it's awsome when they drag. ;)

I always wanted to make.....somehow.....a fully functional air bag system with real air and stuff that gets activated by switches and what not and to make it like the real system........on models of course. ;)

dang now I want a real one. :o

Edited by Nick F40

IMG_2228.jpg

What size o-rings and what size eyelets did you make your bags out of? They look awesome!

IMG_2287.jpg

bathroom faucet repair section in Home Depot..... bag of 10 for $1.97

IMG_1374.jpg

bag of eyelets from craft store.... scrapbooking places too $0.99 for 25 peices

IMG_1379.jpg

you just need to file down the eyelets so the rings will sit together....