Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ferrari 360 Modena Spyder SVR tuner custom

Kennyboy

Finished this one the other night. Revell 360 Modena Spyder. The kit was given to me by a co-worker, he told me he was never going to build so I should do something cool with it. I custom made the side skirts and rear wheel arches out of other model parts (the rear wheel arches were from a 911 Turbo race car snap-kit, and the side scoops were done with pieces I cut out from the Revell Enzo rear engine cover and Evergreen.) Front side vents were cut out from the body, installed stainless screen behind them and meticulously cut pieces for the vent louvers from sheet aluminum and installed. Seats were donated from the Enzo kit and painted to match the MOMO seats I love so much.

Paint is HOK Chrome yellow over Tamiya fine white primer then coated with Rustoleum Lacquer clearcoat. Painted the carbon bits on this with flat black Krylon lacquer decanted and airbrushed then HOK Galaxy gray sprayed at low pressure thru a piece of silk material. Paint was wetsanded down to 12000 grit and polished with Wizard's fine cut and Meguiar's High Tech Yellow wax. Wheels centers are from the Enzo cut out and installed into Pegasus 23" sleeves, brakes are also Enzo units.

The kit did not build up as nice as I would have wanted......there were sink marks/ejector pin marks all over and flash galore as well as, the body being twisted/warped. Fixed the warp in the body to find the windshield frame had the same problem which caused an irritating non-fitting windshield. I glued the windshield in the end and clamped it (reluctantly) overnight. If I could do it over again, I would have used a Tamiya 360 Modena instead for this tranformation but all-in-all, it turned alright......

I will do a PROPER photoshoot when i get my remote flash/softbox but for now........

P1000617_zpsedd2683f.jpg

P1000621_zpsb0ca9d36.jpg

P1000615_zps4b04364d.jpg

P1000622_zpscce3764c.jpg

P1000620_zps9038babd.jpg

P1000628_zpse3354d19.jpg

P1000627_zps8324b2ca.jpg

Edited by Kennyboy

The body mods you did fit the car's style perfectly. And the color combo is awesome! I don't normally like yellow Ferraris but the carbon fiber accents and the red seats hold their own against the yellow and balance it out.

Nice work.

Ken... I followed all along on this build. Nice to see it all come together. You pulled off some great mods all around and your painted carbon fiber came out fantastic. Your process is first on my list to try out on my next build.

Great work!

Thank you Chris for following the build and the kind words. I hope you like the new carbon method. ;)

beautiful build Ken, love the yellow color and finish. Some fine work..

Thank you Carl, glad you like it.

The body mods you did fit the car's style perfectly. And the color combo is awesome! I don't normally like yellow Ferraris but the carbon fiber accents and the red seats hold their own against the yellow and balance it out.

Nice work.

Thank you Ryan. I have a thing for tuner style cars and when searching for reference pics of tuner 360's I found SVR.......I did not follow their design to "the letter" but closely nonetheless. I am happy you like the design as a whole.

Very kewl. A single seat Italian school bus!

Seriously, that's a very nice Cavallino.

:lol: Technically a two seat Italian school bus! Thanks Danno.