Model Cars Magazine Forum

1940 Ford Red Custom Rod

Steve_L

I am pleased to finish this build of a 1940 Ford Custom Rod because it was stalled for over eight years. In 2006, I began this project with an AMT 1940 Ford kit, a Revell 1940 Ford kit and a Ron Cash Resin body. I made good progress and combined the Revell undercarriage with the AMT fenders so that I could use the Revell street rod type chassis. The project took a bad turn with a failed paint job followed by a disastrous attempt at stripping the paint and primer. The parts went into the build box and it went on the shelf in late 2006 and stayed there until about three weeks ago.

I am happy that at long last, the project is successfully completed, with custom features such as a chopped top, frenched head lights, custom frenched taillights and a Ford small block drive train. I covered the body with Duplicolor Corvette Torch Red paint and clear, followed by vigorous polishing. I have been working at improving my use of Alclad and am pleased with the appearance of the custom mag wheels. Seeing it on the shelf for all those years wasn't fun, but being able to finally finish it up definitely WAS fun!

Enjoy!

IMG_7257-vi.jpg

IMG_7258-vi.jpg

IMG_7259-vi.jpg

IMG_7261-vi.jpg

IMG_7262-vi.jpg

IMG_7263-vi.jpg

Nice job! That paint is wild, it almost has a 'pink/orange' hue to it in all of the photos except the last one, in which it looks more red, if that makes sense. is that just the camera? I know some reds are hard to capture accurately in photos. Nice job on the wheels too!