Model Cars Magazine Forum

I can't upload pics to my existing thread

Trans Am Erik

I have a thread in "slot cars" on my 40 Ford flip nose rod. For some reason I can not upload new pictures. I have tried from my laptop and my phone, and I have tried the new and old uploaders. It says that my files are too large but they are from the same photo folder on the laptop, and the same gallery folder on my phone that I have already posted pictures from. Something has changed and it isn't me.

I have a thread in "slot cars" on my 40 Ford flip nose rod. For some reason I can not upload new pictures.

I think you have used up all of your alloted free storage space here on the forum. Each member is allowed a certain amount of space, and once you reach or get very close to the limit, you cannot add more images via the attachment feature:

You have 28 images in your '40 Ford topic, and I didn't see if you have more images in other posts, but that would be my guess as to why you can't upload more. If true, consider a free image hosting service/account such as Photobucket.com

*I just did a test in the Model Car Racing section, and I was able upload an image via the attchment feature without any issues.*

I guess it's just with certain people, but I can't upload directly or through Photobucket.

Are you running Internet Explorer as your web browser? If so, see the link I posted. That will most likely solve the uploading issues here.

If you have and are using a Photobucket account to host (store) your images online, you do not upload them like you would with an attached image from your hard drive. You copy the image links from your PB album, then paste them in the body of your message here on the forum.

Thanks for the help guys. I do use the ol rusty Explorer and I do post a lot when I am working on a project. I do have a Photobucket that I quit using when I had problems uploading photos to this site. I used to be able to copy and paste the image code into the reply to see the pic. If it won't cost me anything I will try to get Chrome if that will fix my problem.

Casey could you give us a link to the post? I can't find anything that explains the issue.

It's the top-most, and only pinned post in the Off Topic section, and the first post on page three explains the #1 most common issue- running IE: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=81824&page=3

I finally got it all sorted out last night.

What was the problem, or alternatively, did clicking Compatibility View solve your issues?