Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bugatti EB110, Revell, 1/24

Matt Bacon

clamped.jpg

The inside's inside the outside. As you can tell from the tape, there's a lot of inside to get inside... Interesting popping and clicking noises as it flexes into place, but I don't think anything critical has fallen off.
One important point: if you do as I did and fix the front bonnet into place to beef up the structure, before you glue it, tape the body shell down on a tile or glass sheet to ensure the base is completely flat. On mine, the "nose" ahead of the front wheel arches droops slightly, which makes it harder to get the front of the undertray in place. I don't know if this is a result of gluing in the bonnet panel, or just another example of the potential for warping this fragile bodyshell in the box.
Now to leave this to set very solid for a good 12 hours.
bestest,
M.

finished-on-bench-2.jpg

finished-on-bench-1.jpg
finished-on-bench-3.jpg
finished-on-bench-4.jpg
Because I had two kits (one bought very cheap for spares to get some tyres) I could use the two headlight covers that fitted best, by flipping one over. I also noticed that all the photos I have show the EB110 with funky split side windows. These are made from electrician's insulating tape, using a single card template flipped over to ensure that they are identical one side and the other...
Proper photos to come in Under Glass in the next few days.
bestest,
M.
Edited by Matt Bacon